MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver

• 6 Replies

Offline tomk

• Major Guru
MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
« on: January 14, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
My MagicInfo TV is set to run from 7am-7pm with a screen that lasts about 15min and runs for the entire 12 hours.

Occasionally in the mornings the TV will sit at the screensaver, the spinning globe, and do nothing until I log into the server running the server software. Once I log into the MagicInfoPro software and remote into the TV from there the scheduled screen will start running. I work on a different floor than the TV is on and the only way I know this is happening is from people calling me to let me know that the screensaver is running. Due to this, I haven't been able to figure out any consistency, but it happens at least once a week. I have the "default period of publishing schedule" set to 360 days.

Anyone have a recommendation so I don't have to remote into the TV so often?
Thanks.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: MagicInfoPro - TV sitting on screensaver
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »
Hello

do you have the screen set for use with a published schedule?

Do you use the LCD timer to turn the screen off when not in use and wake up before the time your schedule is set to run?

Offline Lea_C

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »
Ive been having the same issue- I've got my TV's set to go on 5 mins before the schedule is due to start and have the publishing schedule set to 360 days. It actually happens everyday here and I still cant figure it out, so I will be keen to see any more replies.

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:23 AM »
Maybe you could try different version of software, or just try reinstalling it.

Offline tomk

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
The timer on the TV was originally set for shorter than my publishing schedule. This was done so if someone had guests coming earlier/later than normal working hours the TV could still display a welcome message if they are turned on. I changed this to turn the TV on 5 mins before the schedule is to run. I will reply this if this seems to fix the issue.

London-I, I assume my TV is set to use a publishing schedule, but I don't see any option/checkboxes to change a setting like that. Could you point me to where I can make sure it is?

Offline tomk

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
Still having issues with the TV not running the published schedule, but it will start once I remote into the server and log into the MagicInfo Pro software.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:04:50 PM »
You need to login, Tools, Option, Schedule Tab, Set the default period of publishing schedule to 365 (for a year) and then republish your schedule. And that's it!

Bill