HELP! Flash on videowall 3x1

• 5 Replies

Offline natt432

HELP! Flash on videowall 3x1
« on: January 15, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »
 Hello I'm wondering if anyone can advise on how to get flash movies to work on a 3x1 PXN video wall. If this is not possible is there a specific software you guys are using to convert to MPG1/2 or WMV. ???

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: HELP! Flash on videowall 3x1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:57:30 PM »
Hi, not sure about the videowall as we don't use our screens that way-I've used http://www.sothinkmedia.com/swf-to-video/ in the past for other projects not related to digital signage and it worked ok..

I would have expected flash to work ok a videowall - anyone else have any ideas?

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
It should work, do you have any and what codecs installed? Does it work in non video wall setup on individual screens?

Offline natt432

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »
In Magicnet when I'm setting up a VideoWall it doesn't allow me to add an swf only mpg or wmv.

It only allows me to add a flash file when I set up a Normal template.

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »
In Magicnet when I'm setting up a VideoWall it doesn't allow me to add an swf only mpg or wmv.

It only allows me to add a flash file when I set up a Normal template.

Ah yes, in video wall setup you can only play photos and movies, other formats are not supported. So you need to convert your flash videos to some of supported video formats. You can use XMediaRecode for that, or some other software.

Offline natt432

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »
Thank you. The best way I've found so far is to export the flash to quicktime movie and then convert that to wmv using iskysoft. Converting the swf directly to video seems to cause issues re alpha.