How to close Magicnet on 400 Pxn

• 12 Replies

Offline timah1987

How to close Magicnet on 400 Pxn
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
Hi all
If any one can help me with some basics for magic net it would be very much appriciated. We currently run a presentation that has grown over a period of time we are now getting a message saying not enough memory and images and fonts are a nightmare dissapearing. Basically i want to know if we can upgrade to Magic Info pro and how to do it. I cant at this moment in time close magic net using a keyboard!!!!!!

Thanks

Tim

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: How to close Magicnet on 400 Pxn
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »
Hi

http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/?topic=33.0

As far as I know Magicinfo Pro wont run on the PXn screens :-(

EricL

Offline timah1987

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply Eric, do you have any experience with the screens? We are currently unable to run a powerpoint presentation because they dont have enough memory. I was wondering if we could simply run the presentation through the embedded windows XP but dont know how to close or uninstall magicnet from the displays.

Thanks

TIm

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
Hi

If you plug in a keyboard and mouse then hit the Windows key on the keyboard you should be able to access the MagicNet menu and choose to stop the program from running when the PC starts up. If that doesn't work then Alt + F4 should close the program. I don't recall if the PXn had the EWF function built in, if not you should be able to uninstall the MagicNet program at this stage. After a reboot the PC should show XP without the MagicNet.

Let me know how you get on :-)

EricL

Offline timah1987

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 10:36:16 AM »
hi Eric
its that actual clients which is embedded on the screen im trying to close magicnet on not the PC. i believe they have a 4GB flash drive built into them. we dont have them connected directly to a machine. How ever il give it a try and let you know if it works.

Thanks

Tim

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
Eric is referring to the internal pc of the screens (client) when he says PC..

Offline timah1987

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »
Hi guys
Neither worked the windows key or Alt + F4. When loading i get a samsung screen then magicnet loading then the main magic net screen.

Thanks

Tim

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
Strange, the alt f4 should close the uppermost program - magicnet. Try the windows key + D to show the desktop - from there you should be able to do something. Just checking, the keyboard is plugged into the client screen right?

Offline timah1987

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
Yeah im wondering if the model does actually have windows XP Embedded!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
Good point - been years since I had a PXn in and it was only really a trial at the time so I didn't look too closely at the os or anything else we waited and went for the DXn series when the first came out - I think even that was about two or three years ago... sorry, you could be right :-)