Video keeps looping!

• 11 Replies

Offline n2x4

Re: Video keeps looping!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »
What are the odds - I ran into the same scenario with a WMV after I posted my comment  :o

I think I have it figured out though (at least this solution worked for me).  It looks like depending on how the WMV is encoded, payback gets cut.
I took my "bad" WMV file and ran it through Windows Movie Maker Live (the version that comes with Windows 7).  Basically all it did was take my "bad" WMV and save it as a different WMV file.  My best guess as to why this worked was that the two different WMV files used different CODECs.  A WMV file can be encoded in WMV1, WMV2, or WMV3.  My source file that didn't work was WMV2, the one that was reencoded was WMV3.

Hope that helps.

Offline marsdenprimary

Re: Video keeps looping!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »
Pretty sure MP4 isn't supported.  What happens when you try and run the preview on the screen before you push it out to the schedule?

When I try the preview before pushing it out...it also loops! In particular the culprit WMV file that I was talking about earlier in the post. I tried it with an M4V file and it played on the local machine in preview all the way through. But when it plays on the remote screen (which it does play) it loops like the other video did. It just doesn't seem to want to play it all...