Magicinfo server not picking up screen

• 4 Replies

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Magicinfo server not picking up screen
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:02:06 PM »
Hiya

Our Magicinfo server isnt picking up the screen and we are trying to get them to operate via a WAN
there seems to be no reason why they are not being picked up but noticed that the two screens it cannot see are on a different IP range
has anyone came across this issue before and anyone had any joy operating screens in various locations.

Ewan

Offline planetBoy

Re: Magicinfo server not picking up screen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:04:31 PM »
Hi

As far as I know (and as I was told by the technician at Samsung) the displays only work on a LAN and the can not work on a WAN. I'm not sure why but it probably is the deal about being on the same IP  range and same subnet. Although I have seen the WAN option on one of the setup screens... :-\
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:04:44 AM by London-I »

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:32:25 AM »
managed to get it working over a WAN was a bit of a pain but had to make sure the server was on a Static IP Address and that all the screens link to the server via a direct IP as conneciton via name doesnt work over a subnet basis.

Cheers
Ewan

Offline etinoco33

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 09:20:06 PM »
Hello,

Ewan, please, could you explain to me how can I manage to set up a wan connection between client and server, for MagicInfo Pro?

I'd really appreciate it.

Erika

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Hi

I have my Magicinfo Server running via a desktop computer (everything on a static IP)
my client screens are all also on static IPs as on various Subnets
all screens and subnets are able to see the WAN and all on static IPs do not use the Name for the server as this never works and causes numerous issues.

I only have one login for the Magicinfo software and all screens are setup to login under administrator access when they switch on.

hope this helps.