Magicinfo Pro won't start when USB wifi adapter is inserted.

• 2 Replies

Offline SkuzeeII

Magicinfo Pro won't start when USB wifi adapter is inserted.
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »
I've got four 42" MagicInfo panels and a single 32" panel. I'm using TP-link USB wifi adapters to connect them to the company wifi, the 42" models load up fine and can have information pushed to them. The 32" panel however loads windows, but won't load MagicInfo Pro. You can even try to run the program and nothing happens... until you unplug the USB adapter. Immediately after you unplug it MAgicInfo Pro starts running and you can plug it back in and everything works fine. Has anybody else had this issue and knows a resolution? I really don't want to have to go up to the panel to unplug and re-insert the wifi adapter every time I restart the panel

Offline SkuzeeII

Re: Magicinfo Pro won't start when USB wifi adapter is inserted.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 01:26:53 PM »
I re-installed the Magicinfo Pro software and it runs now, I guess it got corrupted or something. But the scheduling server doesn't see it anymore :( help?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magicinfo Pro won't start when USB wifi adapter is inserted.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »
Hi

Have you checked the D: drive on the client is still labelled as D: - sometimes Windows can allocate the D: drive to a USB device thereby preventing the client from seeing the schedule and preventing the server updating it..  It should have reverted on reboot if you have EWF enabled though..

Just a thought.

EricL