reflash XP to original state

• 26 Replies

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: reflash XP to original state
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
I found an FTP site in the UK (through a contact there) where you can download software and images for Samsung Screens. Here it is:

http://92.48.120.45

It is awesome!

Bill

Offline colinsteadman

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
Sorry for the delay replying, I didn't get an email notifying me of your replies for some reason.

So I'm limited to a 2GB backup.  That might be alright, anything will do, I just want to be able to get back to something that works if it crashes and corrupts the current image.

I'll have a look at your link too Bill.

Many thanks both.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »
Ok everyone - I have finally uploaded a number of SFIM files on the MEDIAFIRE website. What happens is that Samsung have a range of displays and therefore they have to use different SFIM files that accomodate that. This means that the basic SFIM and SFIM2 executables will handle the 4GB FDMs (some have 8GB FDMs), but the SFIM2_64.exe has the capability to RESTORE and BACKUP larger HDD volumes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vziibbqddk6bu

Bill

Offline snoopyonline78

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »
Dear Forum,

i have a Samsung 460uxn too, and now i have urgently need to reinstall the original Windows xp embedded sfi-file, but i spoken with samsung, and they haven't it anymore in the Download center, because it's old.

Please Help!

Can somebody put it somewhere, to download it?

Thanks to all!

regards

:-(

Offline wtenwolde

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:25 AM »
In our company we have 6 Samsung 460MXn-2 displays. One of them is crashing all the time, so I would like to install the original OS image. The FTP site seems to be down  ??? and Samsung is not responding to my e-mails >:(. I tried contacting them through the website form and the e-mail address above. But after 2 weeks still no reply.
Bill Corals Mediafire website seems to contain only tools, no images.

Does anyone of you know where I can get the original OS image for a Samsung 460MXn-2? Thanx!

Offline Toasty

• Major Guru
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 05:40:26 PM »
Hi,

If only one screen out of six is crashing, why take an image from one of the displays which are good.

This way all the codecs will all ready be installed, you just need to change any IP settings/client name of diplay.

You have all you need rom Bill's site.

Regards

Toasty

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 10:58:56 PM »
Hi everyone!

You need to get a Business partner status on the www.samsunglfd.com If you do this, then you will be able to see the OS images to download. I have checked and there is a UXn OS on the site. The problem is that the http://92.48.120.45 is taken down and no longer exists. But it is better to go directly to Samsung as these FTP sites are not reliable. OS Images are very large and you cannot send them via e-mail of course, neither upload them to mediafire without paying for an account.

Bill