Windows reset on clients

• 4 Replies

Offline bobdup

• Major Guru
Windows reset on clients
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:53:29 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a new user of Magicinfo pro and have 1 400uxn and 2 460uxn, freshly installed.

After a week of test i'm able to get pictures or web pages on the monitors but get stuck with un issue regarding all the office documents.
I've tried to install the ppt viewer on the client but each day the system is reseted and all installed or updated programs have disapeared?

Does anyone got an idea ?

Thank's for your help

Bob

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Windows reset on clients
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 05:29:38 PM »
Hi Bob

you need to commit the changes you have made using the EWF function of the screens. Without committing changes when you reboot everything will revert back to how it was before, the idea being if anyone messes with the settings, changes something unauthorised or someone pulls the mains plug the screen will always revert back to the original locked image every time.

Have a look in the client help files or do a search on here :-)

EricL

Offline bobdup

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »
Hi EricL , Thank for the tip I'll try it tomorow (will start search how to use this EWF function  ;)

Bob

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:06:54 PM »
Eric is correct. Try to Disable EWF first and then Enable it after you do all installations. Insert to your screen with keyboard and mouse and press Alt-F12. That will get you to the Desktop. At the bottom right hand corner you will see a Globe. This is MagicInfoPro. Right click and you will see the options, including EWF.

Bill

Offline bobdup

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:34:03 PM »
Effectively all saved now after a commit to EWF
Thanks for the help
Bob