Help needed with videowall file formats

• 7 Replies

Offline natt432

Help needed with videowall file formats
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:20:18 AM »
I'm trying to find out the proper video formats, bit rates, duration, and files sizes to publish my videos. Quicktime file which I exported from Flash is 768*2732 spread onto two 40" screens. When I do finally get a conversion that appears perfect ie.mpg2 I am unable to import to the library in Magicinfo. Please help if you can.

Offline natt432

Re: Help needed with videowall file formats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
Anyone??

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
Magicinfo only supports certain video file formats such as   MPEG-1 and 2 video file formats, and WMV video files.
This can be changed however I installed the windows codec pack and managed to play HD avi files through magicinfo.

I would suggest messing about with the application your taking the video from and make up a few various formats to see what works.

Trial and error i think.

Offline natt432

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
The magic number is 2000.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:11:55 AM »
k you lost me

Offline GoNavy2012

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
Need Help with Video Formats as well. I am running a 4x4 LAN set up. Everything is working fine except: I am having issues with AUDIO.
I installed a A/V codec patch from Samsung. Magic Info Pro will run Mov's and MP4's, however with MP4's, the audio is lost in translation. I like to use H.264 & AAC audio codecs, which seem not to be supported. Any advice?
Much Thanks

Offline Black

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
Hello, I have a small problem. In my VideoWall Author I cant see preview of video file. I think it is problem with video codecs. Can you please help me with this problem? Version of VideoWall Author is 3.0 - 3009.0
Screenshot in attachment.

Thank you.

Offline annablackwell

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 12:23:26 PM »
Hello natt432,

I understand the importance of seamless video integration for your videowall, and I'd be happy to assist. In the realm of signage solutions and wall decoration, ensuring the right file formats is crucial for optimal display.

For Magicinfo, consider these steps:

File Format: Magicinfo often supports common formats like MP4 or WMV. Try converting your Quicktime file to one of these formats using reliable video conversion tools.

Resolution: Ensure your video resolution aligns with the videowall's specifications. If your screens are 768*2732, double-check that your video resolution matches this configuration.

Bit Rates and Duration: For smoother playback, use moderate bit rates and reasonable durations. Experiment with different settings to find the balance between quality and compatibility.

Compatibility: Confirm the Magicinfo version you're using and check its documentation for any specific requirements regarding video file types.

If you encounter further challenges, feel free to reach out. I specialize in signage solutions and wall decoration, and I'm here to help you achieve a flawless display experience for your videowall.