UPGRADING CLIENT

• 6 Replies

Offline JMIT

UPGRADING CLIENT
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
this was probably answered before but i completely forgot how to upgrade the client.
I installed magic info server 2600.7 but now installing the latest client has me stuck any clues??

thanks in advanced!!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: UPGRADING CLIENT
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
Disable EWF, install upgrade, reboot, check it works, re-enable EWF, commit, done.

Offline JMIT

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »
Disable EWF, install upgrade, reboot, check it works, re-enable EWF, commit, done.

i tried that didn't get a response now i might be doing it completely wrong though. last time i downloaded the update and through magicinfo i was able to upgrade the screens. do i put the upgrade files in a different folder?

Offline JMIT

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »
or would i have to go to every screen with like a jump drive and upgrade it that way>?

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:58 PM »
when i do this i simply run the upgrade from the screens desktop and it copies over the previous version
remember you need to reboot and Commit the changes othewise nothing will happen.

Offline JMIT

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »
when i do this i simply run the upgrade from the screens desktop and it copies over the previous version
remember you need to reboot and Commit the changes othewise nothing will happen.

i understand now ok, last time i was sure you were able to upgrade them from server. it was some option in magic info, but i'll do it this way to each screen.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »
The clients are supposed to update automatically from the server if you choose that option in the set-up but it never seemed to work for me so I do it from the desktop as suggested above.