IE7 Settings on the display

• 3 Replies

Offline GDewrell

IE7 Settings on the display
« on: March 08, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
We have three Samsung 400DXNs. We export reports out of SSRS in MHTML format. We copy those files to the local drives of each display every 15 minutes. We have a screen configured to display those MHTML files on a screen. This has all workd for 2 years. We added a new 400DXN this week and it will load the MHTML files the first time but as soon as the refresh interval is reached and it tries to reload the MHTML files we get a Microsoft popup asking for permission to load the tmp files.

I am sure this is a problem with the IE 7 sercurity settings but for the life of me we can not get it set right to resolve this issue.

Any ideas how to fix this or a better method to present this info.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: IE7 Settings on the display
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:32:55 AM »
I take it your report is shown on magicinfo as a web format so when it loads the file its looking for the cache?
have you tried updating the html to stop caching the page and see if that works.

I put the following in mine to stop error appearing.

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
</head>

Offline GDewrell

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:39:22 PM »
Unfortunately that is not realy an option for me since the reports are generated out of SSRS and saved in the MHTML format.
I can out put them as Tiff also but of course that does not work either.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
you may find its an issue with the IE on the clients you could try upgrading dont see Javascript etc being an issue tho.