Recovering Screen content after MIP Server "upgrade" deleted it.

• 5 Replies

Offline Wavelink

Hi,
I just upgraded MagicInfo Pro server from v2507.0 to 2600.7 and discovered that the process deletes the contents of the \screen and \library folders.
I have a backup of the (considerable) data in these folders but the upgraded server doesn't recognise it.

For example, the original \screen folder contained many .scn files, however the import tool will only recognise .scp files.

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer the files created in v2507.0 to the current server version (2600)?

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Recovering Screen content after MIP Server "upgrade" deleted it.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
if you look through some of the links their is a small piece of software that was put up before that allowed you to export and converted files etc.

cant remember the link unfortunately will take a look later today see if i can source it.

Offline Wavelink

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:44 AM »
Thanks Ewan, I did see that software mentioned on the forum a few day's ago but can't for the life of me find it again.
Will keep looking.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
here it is
http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,342.0.html

hopefully this will work its a couple of posts down think Bill Coral posted it on you will see it under his post.

Offline Wavelink

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:12:30 PM »
Got it. thanks.
The conversion utility was able to bulk convert the large number of files I have, but MIP can only import the converted files one at a time, as far as I can tell.
Will take about two hours to import all the screens one at a time. >:(

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
hmmm....  not tried bulk upload with it before and not sure how you would do think if your lucky maybe bill can shed some light seeing as he posted up the initial link.
However if your unlucky starbucks coffee and a rather long drawn out process lays before you.

Good luck.