Created Screens not showing in Open Dialog box

• 6 Replies

Offline StudentITGuy

Created Screens not showing in Open Dialog box
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
I'm rather new to using MagicInfo Pro and it was provided by my main campus to show presentations on some monitors here at my satellite campus.  I've installed MagicInfo Pro version 2509 B, but I'm encountering a really weird issue.  When I follow the directions provided by the main campus IT to create a new Screen for Adding into a Schedule and once I've created the Screen and Saved it to the Screen Folder, I try to Add it into the Schedule and the Open dialog box won't show any of the files there.

I've poked into the Screen Folder and do see the screen1.scn file I created, but MagicInfo Pro won't see it when I go into the Server program.

Any suggestions on what I can do?  Reinstalling the software hasn't helped.  Thank you.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Created Screens not showing in Open Dialog box
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »
Sounds like you need to confer with the IT guys who set the system up on your campus-how it has been set up will determine the method of operation.

EricL

Offline StudentITGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
We worked together and gave the main folders as well as the subfolders full controll for all users and it is also happening independant of what level of lcoal PC access the user has. It's a very strange issue in that once you create the screens, you can open and modify them but after closing out of the screen menu portion from within the MagicInfo Pro program, it becomes as if it were never created (by going back into the screen menu or the schedule menu) but still shows up in the Library. We have tried different versions of the program as well with no luck.

Offline sgabs

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:40:50 AM »
I'm having the exact same problem.  Have you had any luck figuring this out?

Offline tomd

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:31:46 PM »
Hi, there. I have the exact same Issue. Maybe you can help me?
I installed 2 different versions of Magicinfo Pro (2509.B and 2600.16) and in both Versions i can create a Videowall .scn file and it won't show up in the open Dialog.
I already installed a whole new system (Windows 7 64Bit) and installed everything fresh, but no chance!
I can create a .scn file without any problems and it is saved to the folder in the Magicinfo path. It shows up in Windows Explorer as well. But if i right click in to the Timeline an want to add it to the Timeline there is nothing to add.
I have no clue whats going on!

Offline tomd

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »
Hey again!
I figured out it happens only if i create a "videwall" (Rightclick ->new -> videowall(V))!
If i create a "normal" .scn file i can set it on the timeline and it is the only .scn file i can access through the open dialog box.
But we only use it as videowall, so i don't see a chance to use it with the "normal" setting.

Offline tomd

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
Fast as i am, i got it working. So for everyone out there. If you got this issue trying to get a Videowall working:

At the schedule windows you have to rightclick and build a "group" and you have to get the monitors into this group. After that you have to rightclick and set this group as videowall.
The open dialogbox is some kind of "selective" if there is no ready configured videowall, the open dialogbox won't show a videowall .scn file...
omg what a shitty little software!