Schedule Copy and Paste

• 7 Replies

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
Schedule Copy and Paste
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:29:07 PM »
When I copy and past in the Scheduler the "Periodic" and "End on" don't copy.  Is there a way to do this? Also any advice on scheduling methodologies would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ron

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Schedule Copy and Paste
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
Hi Ron

I set the schedule to daily then choose the date the schedule should end-it automatically sets the start date. Copy and paste hasn't really worked for me in the scheduler. I manually change the screen timer on Fridays to not turn on at weekend then on Monday I set the timers back to on again. It would be nice if the next magicinfo pro update had an option to choose weekdays not just daily/weekly etc.

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »
Thanks for the info.

We have a schedule that changes often and is very difficult to manage in MagicInfo. Lets hope a good update comes along soon. They could add drag and drop, and layout the scheduler a little better. Making it work like an excel spreed sheet would make it easier also.

Thanks for the help,
Ron

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
This has been mentioned on this forum before, about 8 months back-come on Samsung  ::)

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:09:23 PM »
You can Import and Export templates. Go to Library, Tools, Screen and then you will see the options. The exported files have .scp extention and carry all the content, and they are on the C:\Program Files\SEC\MagicInfo Pro in there you can see the Import and Export directories.

Bill

Offline emjay730

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
It would be nice if the next magicinfo pro update had an option to choose weekdays not just daily/weekly etc.

So this is the answer, then? Prayer? 

I have to set up a M-F, S, S schedule for the rest of the year for 30+ screens- so I must do this manually 365 x 30 times? :'(

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 09:32:22 AM »
I presume you have your screens in a group on the server-if so you only need to do it once if they are all showing the same screen file..

Offline emjay730

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »
I presume you have your screens in a group on the server-if so you only need to do it once if they are all showing the same screen file..

Thank you for your input but no, 9 groups of 3 or 4 screens, each with a different screen file.  But again, same hours of operation M-F, S, S for the whole year. 

My phone is smart enough to not set off my alarm at 6am on Saturdays, but MIP isn't apparently?