Welcome Area on Public Display, easy to update

• 1 Replies

Offline chrisd

Welcome Area on Public Display, easy to update
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:05 PM »
Hello!

We would like to have a Public Display in the welcome area of our company. We would like to publish product movies, PowerPoint, jpg etc, but this should not be the problem.

We also would like to have a "Welcome area", let's say at the bottom, where we can welcome guests for example: "Welcome Mr. XXX in our company. You will meet Mr. XXX at room xxx"   I hope you understand how I mean this. It could happen, that more than one guest is shown there.

It's similar to this topic http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,55.0.html , but I don't want the two   *CENSORED*  at the reception to update pictures with PhotoShop.

Is it possible to do this without accessing the server, updating the whole template and publish it to the display? Do I need a special software for it?

Thanks for replies

Regards Christian

Offline tomk

• Major Guru
Re: Welcome Area on Public Display, easy to update
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »
For our display, I created a webpage that pulls a message from a database with a default message if nothing is set for the current date. There is an admin page that our receptionist can log into to update the message as needed.