Newbie help?

• 7 Replies

Offline JoeB

Newbie help?
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:46:15 PM »
Sorry if these questions have been answered, I tried searching and had no luck.

I've got the server program installed on a Win7 box, with the box on the same VLAN as the monitors.

Is there anyway to make MagicInfoPro not profile dependent? I have the product installed on a domain, and it is frustrating that any user that logs on will have to manage their own library. Is there a way to make the library centralized?

Speaking of library's, I cannot browse past Desktop\My Documents\My Pictures, My Music or My Videos. Double clicking on My Pictures only results in a folder appearing with ... Double clicking on that folder opens My Pictures, My Music and My Videos, double clicking on any of those results in them dissapearing and the folder with ... reappearing...

Is this a Win7 feature, or am I just having an ID10T problem?

Thanks in advance...

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Newbie help?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
Sorry if these questions have been answered, I tried searching and had no luck.

I've got the server program installed on a Win7 box, with the box on the same VLAN as the monitors.

Is there anyway to make MagicInfoPro not profile dependent? I have the product installed on a domain, and it is frustrating that any user that logs on will have to manage their own library. Is there a way to make the library centralized?

Speaking of library's, I cannot browse past Desktop\My Documents\My Pictures, My Music or My Videos. Double clicking on My Pictures only results in a folder appearing with ... Double clicking on that folder opens My Pictures, My Music and My Videos, double clicking on any of those results in them dissapearing and the folder with ... reappearing...

Is this a Win7 feature, or am I just having an ID10T problem?

Thanks in advance...

MagicInfo Pro does not support Win7 officially, however most of functionalities work fine, but something like user's folders or shared network folders have problems. however you can access your files using the full path like C:\Users\User\Videos\

Regarding the rights to content library, MIP is definitely not a proper solution.
MagicInfo-i Premium supports this functionality and many more, if you have less then 6 screens, it is free of charge.

Offline JoeB

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
MagicInfo Pro does not support Win7 officially, however most of functionalities work fine, but something like user's folders or shared network folders have problems. however you can access your files using the full path like C:\Users\User\Videos\

Regarding the rights to content library, MIP is definitely not a proper solution.
MagicInfo-i Premium supports this functionality and many more, if you have less then 6 screens, it is free of charge.

I contacted Samsung to find the download, and was told that MagicInfo-i was license based... this wouldn't be the first time they were wrong, but can you tell me where I can download Premium?

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »
I contacted Samsung to find the download, and was told that MagicInfo-i was license based... this wouldn't be the first time they were wrong, but can you tell me where I can download Premium?
How did you contact Samsung? I contacted [email protected] and immediately got a direct links to s/w with supporting information.
The link is dead now so I uploaded all MIi premium s/w here: http://rapidshare.com/files/455243981/mii_p_1004.2.zip
The license for MIIP for 5 displays is free and no limitation by time.

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
the right mail is [email protected].

Offline JoeB

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
How did you contact Samsung? I contacted [email protected] and immediately got a direct links to s/w with supporting information.
The link is dead now so I uploaded all MIi premium s/w here: http://rapidshare.com/files/455243981/mii_p_1004.2.zip
The license for MIIP for 5 displays is free and no limitation by time.

I contacted them by phone..

Thank you for the link, but I get this message... RapidPro required!The file size exceeds the volume of free use.
Want to activate RapidPro?

No slow download for me...

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »
send email to [email protected], I am sure they can send you direct link with better speed.
may be they will ask for serial number and model of your display.

Offline JoeB

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
send email to [email protected], I am sure they can send you direct link with better speed.
may be they will ask for serial number and model of your display.

Thank you dssc, I will do that...