External TV-DTV usage with magicinfo

• 8 Replies

Offline TheBus

External TV-DTV usage with magicinfo
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
Hi all,
   i have a 46" Samsung LFD display. The supplier install an external Samsung LFD Set Back Box (SBB) (SBB-DTB/EN) for analog/digital tv and set it.

The box is connect to the tv using the HDMI port

We're able to use it in TV source (we see the channels correct) but if i set magicinfo as source and a i set a simple screen with External Source --> TV --> Analog --> channel 1 i can't see anything (the same with digital source)

If i set HDMI i can't set the channel and i see "Not Connected"

I hust update client to 3002 with no luck

Anyone know if it's possible and how to use it with magicinfo?

Thanks

Offline TheBus

Re: External TV-DTV usage with magicinfo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
the kit is http://www.samsunglfd.com/product/feature.do?modelCd=SBB-DT
and the monitor is: http://www.samsunglfd.com/product/feature.do?modelCd=460MXn-2

Offline austar

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:01:21 AM »
Hi I am having the same problem, i can set a template to be a source instead of a color/photo and have it appear full screen, however i try to create a windowed version on a template that has other content then add the window as a new area and select source, then set the source to be the HDMI input ( which i have proven works and can see picture when that input is selected on the TV) no matter what window size i make it, i get nothing but a black screen, this happens on ALL selections on the source list not just HDMI....  anyone have any ideas.

Regards,

Kyle. :(

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:22:14 PM »
The MXn-2 units will not play TV (even with the DTV box that you have) as a PIP (Picture in Picture). You need to only use it as a FULL screen and not within a template. To do that, yon can only set the Backgroudn to Source and then choose your input, ie DTV.

Bill

Offline edwin465

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 06:11:11 AM »
The MXn-2 units will not play TV (even with the DTV box that you have) as a PIP (Picture in Picture). You need to only use it as a FULL screen and not within a template. To do that, yon can only set the Backgroudn to Source and then choose your input, ie DTV.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Do you mean that the PIP function within a template is only available if the source from a monitor?
However, I try to add the source of PC within the area. But it can display the message 'Not available' and then show the black background.
What's the problem?

Edwin

Offline Beno

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »
I'm trying something similar, except our tv is on the netowrk via exterity. Any ideas, before I give up.

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
guys, this will not work, just spoke to samsung guys from digital solution support.
"there are no models in current LFD line-up which support PIP source combination MagicInfo + HDMI"
SBB connecting by HDMI, so no chance to play TV in small frame with MIP or MII.

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
I'm trying something similar, except our tv is on the netowrk via exterity. Any ideas, before I give up.

this not supported by MIP or MII.

Offline edwin465

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 02:05:15 AM »
this not supported by MIP or MII.

MagicInfo Pro or MagicInfo I with all LFD display cannot play the TV source in a small picture.
How about the source from other media, such as PC?