New to Magicinfo-I

• 10 Replies

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
New to Magicinfo-I
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »

Hi all.

We've just installed our first Magicinfo screen a 400ux-2 and my boss has just handed me the manual discs and software discs with the instructions. Learn this today and go down to the client tomorrow and show them what to do.

I've played around with the Magicinfo-author and have that down to an extent that I can show someone how to start generating content. Imagination and creativity aside.

However I can't test the server and player end as we don't have a screen to test on at our office. It would have been lovely had my boss informed me of this when it was sitting in our stores for a week!

Anyway what I need to know is. Do the screens come pre-loaded with Magicinfo player? Reason I ask this is none of the install discs he game me has Magicinfo Player, nor can he or the installers can tell me if it was pre-installed on the 400ux-2 and I would rather like to know this before I go down to the client.

Also do you have to install Magicinfo-server on to the clients Network Server, or can it be installed on User's PC?

Cheers
Neil

Offline pachugonza

• Major Guru
Re: New to Magicinfo-I
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 02:15:56 AM »
mmm, hi, but if you dont have a LFD N version, like UXN-2 you canĀ“t have a client on it.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 11:41:42 AM »

Sorry my bad model is actually SM400MXN2. Was in a rush with the post and didn't check the PO.

Anyway ended up getting stuck on another job on Friday so didn't get to play with the Samsung.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:07:06 PM »
Ok figured out the server end now. Just have to have a play with the monitor and then get it down so I can explain it to someone else.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:52:08 PM »
Server is acting up.

I was connecting fine yesterday. I haven't changed a thing and now I get 404 error page when I put in the address.
Sorry I can't give anymore information but thats as it is.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »
Sorry, I didn't but the captial I in MagicInfo  :-[

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »
Is it possible to run MagicInfo-i Server on a stand alone laptop. After successfully installing and loged in to MagicInfo-i Server while it was connected to our own network I tried while Lan cable was unplugged but just get "Cannot display the Webpage". I've also manually inputted all the info for IP etc that was current when I installed Server on the laptop, but still no joy.

I'm guess that it needs something extra and can't operate without being part of a network, but I had to ask.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:27:38 AM »
OK. I've managed to get it working on my Laptop without it being apart of our network. Just needs to have connection to somesort of router. Tested it on our neighbours network router that fortunately resides in the same rack room as our servers so no harm no foul but sssh for now.

Heading down to site this evening to have a play around then tomorrow instruct the client. Oh the joy

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
Well that didn't go well, but I have to say the support guys in samsung are brilliant. At the end of a long session and chasing down college IT dept to give us admin rights to get winzip of all things to work we found out he OS on the display is corrupt. They have mailed a link to install the new OS so hopefully that will sort it.

If not the support guys are only a phone call away.

Offline Neil_McDonnell

• Major Guru
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
Still no joy with connecting the Display to the server. I had the client IT support over to have a look and everything is ok in terms of their Network and firewalls and the like.
They think it might be something to do with the pgAdmin software. I thought this would be simply Install screen, install software on PC, Calibrate and away you go.

At least I have the guys in Samsung on the case too. Otherwise I would be totally lost.