Windows 7 and Mapped network drives not showing data correctly

• 4 Replies

Offline mikefitz

I am using Magicinfo Pro, and I was using the most recent version, 2600.  Problem is, on this Windows 7 machine I use as the server, when I go into library, all of the shared drives have a W with a line through it indiating the \ symbol.  So say I had a mapped network drive of S:\\network\yellow, in Magicinfo it sees this drive as WWnetworkWyellow (with lines through the Ws).  The drives also won't allow you to view anything within them.  I can access them just fine outside of Magicinfo, but Magicinfo itself just will not access these drives correctly.

We have this setup on an XP machine too.  Exact same version, but it accesses the shared network drives just fine.  Is this a problem with Windows 7 when trying to use MagicInfo Pro?  If not, how do I go about getting this to work?

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Windows 7 and Mapped network drives not showing data correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
Please try to ask Samsung LFD support and if there is any solution, please post it to us.

Offline gest

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem using Magicinfo Pro (2501.0) on my client machine (windows 7) connected to the server.
But on my older machine, running Windows XP Pro sp3, I have no problem at all.
I recently had to change the content and when I did it on my win7-machine, nothing worked at all; publishing went on forever so I cancelled it
and did it on my xp-machine without any problems (published withing one minute)...
I already contacted the company that installed the system, but they have no solutions ...

I've downloaded the 2600.8 server software, but want to wait a while and continue doing changes on xpmachine.
Perhaps someone has any idea?

greetings

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »
Hello,

This problem is well known by Samsung MagicInfo is not natively supported by it.
if you can't read in your's shared drives it's because magiinfo can't read the \ symbol....
the issue to correct this problem is to rename your shared drive. for example, if the name is:
images web (\\SERV_MEDIA)
rename it in just
images web
open your magicinfo and you must see your's files and folders
excuse me for the broken English, i'm french
i hope to have help you
Sébastien

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tout ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaire je vous laisse un téléphone:
02 32 23 26 03

Offline gest

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »
Hello Sébastien,

Your solution worked well for me.

Thanks for the reply and by the way, your english is not so broken at all.

I'm dutch and understood you very well !!

thx