Question about schedule files

• 2 Replies

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Question about schedule files
« on: November 17, 2009, 08:14:52 PM »
Hi all. I seem to get corruption in my schedules-they are not complicated but sometimes things don't seem to get saved and sometimes even though the application reports the schedules have been updated on the clients on investigation this is not so. I think Bill's tip about VNCing to the clients and adjusting the end date is a good idea but the schedule file sent to the clients appears more complex than this-each day appears to be a separate section of the text in the file-how would I be able to update so it just runs continuously? Would it be a case of setting just two days and altering the latter end day/date on the client file?

Thanks for any help offered.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Question about schedule files
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
Hello London-I, not sure if I understand... There must not be interuption between Client/Server when Publishing. I don't think it is practical to keep VNCing to client, it is given that all schedules are published. I think, and if I can understand correctly, it maybe that the client/versions are not the same? Can you see if you can export a template and send it to me? I'll check it for you. My email address is: [email protected]

Bill

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Question about schedule files
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »
Hi Bill, I think I have worked it out-looks like we had a badly set up managed switch halfway between the client and server-we swapped out the switch and it seems to have been ok since when we send schedules out.

Thanks for your help  :-[