Flash Problem

• 6 Replies

Offline jsimmons335

Flash Problem
« on: November 19, 2009, 07:58:08 PM »
Hello,

I just purchased a Samsung Digital Sign and am using MagicInfo Pro v3002. I am attempting to load flash files onto my screen, but am having little luck in them running.

These flash files were PowerPoint 2007 files, which I converted to flash using i spring ultra. The flash file runs fine on my computer, and in preview mode on the MagicInfo Pro server, but it runs for less than a second on the screen and then continually loops that half second, causing the flash presentation to just basically flash on the screen.

Since I've read several postings on here of people using i spring ultra and successfully using those flash files, I was hoping someone could help me in providing me a solution.

Thanks!

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Flash Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »
Hi, may sound daft but have you set the flash area to run for the time the flash file takes to complete? Does the flash run ok on the screen outside of flash?

Offline jsimmons335

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 05:32:26 PM »
I've tried setting the time and not setting the time. It doesn't work with either setting. Also, the flash file works perfectly fine outside of publish. If I preview it on my MagicInfo Pro server, the preview works flawlessly.

I'm hoping to hear from anyone else that has used i sprint ultra/pro that has gotten their flash files to work.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »
Hello, I have used I-Spring Ultra to convert ppt to flash with no issues running it on the clients.

As the previous poster suggested have you tried running it on the client screen outside of magicinfopro?

This is to confirm there is no issue with the flash installation on the actual screen (not the server/computer).

Another suggestion is to insert your flash file into a blank web page then link to that page using a web area in magicinfopro  ;)

EricL

Offline jsimmons335

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 07:33:49 PM »
I'm very curious to know your backend settings if you're running flash files made by i spring ultra on the clients without any problems. I called MagicInfo Pro tech support, and they said that MagicInfo Pro will only run flash files made in flash versions 2-6. i spring ultra will only create files in flash versions 7-10.

I also verified that the flash file runs flawlessly on the screen outside of the magicinfo pro client, so I'm still stuck.

Also, I need a resolution to the problem. Work arounds are unfortunately not an option for the content that I'm trying to post.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »
We run the flash file within a web page as described as part of a screen file so I suppose strictly it is not being run within magicinfo pro but it works. Why can't this be done with your file?

Ericl

Offline JohnH

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:26:54 PM »
I encountered the same problem...  Found a fix around it the other day.  In the screen setting of the Flash file, change the setting from repeat to once.  You probably set the flash to loop when you converted from PowerPoint to flash already.  This was the fix for me and work works perfectly now.  Good luck.
John