Magic Info Pro

• 4 Replies

Offline iceblox

Magic Info Pro
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
Hi All,

Apologies if this is a duplicated post! But I'm have issues with my Magic Info Pro and I'm after some help!

I have two screens running the software and have the software on my PC to manage them. What happens is that they will show up as "available" for 30 seconds then come up as Not Connected, or will just intermittently show up as availed.

I've downloaded a copy of VNC to my computer and can access both of the screens to this, just can't seem to publish to them via Magic Info Pro. I've tried to disable my computer firewall and my internet firewall doesn't seem to block any particular ports.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me?

Many Thanks,
Phil

Offline HZM

• Major Guru
Re: Magic Info Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:44 PM »
Hi All,

Apologies if this is a duplicated post! But I'm have issues with my Magic Info Pro and I'm after some help!

I have two screens running the software and have the software on my PC to manage them. What happens is that they will show up as "available" for 30 seconds then come up as Not Connected, or will just intermittently show up as availed.

I've downloaded a copy of VNC to my computer and can access both of the screens to this, just can't seem to publish to them via Magic Info Pro. I've tried to disable my computer firewall and my internet firewall doesn't seem to block any particular ports.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me?

Many Thanks,
Phil

The problem could be caused by:
1. Magicinfo pro client software version
2. Network configuration
3. TCP/IP protocol compatibility.
4. OS

Could you please update the magicinfo pro software first. And the other issues rarely happened since you can get the connection work.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »
We had this issue when the system was firstly installed it required us changing the server to a static IP address and ensuring that each of the screens was powered down a minumum of once a week.
this stopped the dropping out error etc.

hope this helps in some way.

Offline iceblox

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:46 PM »
Thank you both for your responses.

I have tried Ewanl30 suggestion, and this has seemed to work! I'll be sure to power them down every week as you suggested as well.

Thanks again for your input.

Phil

Offline Good_Signage

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »
If I might add:
   The culprit to your signs locking up is likely the "EWF" or "Enhanced Write Filter".  This is a function of the Windows XP Embedded OS that diverts all data written to disk and tells the OS to write it to RAM instead.
   A poor design with this is that there is no cap on the amount of RAM that gets eaten by the Write Filter.  Ergo, the more data written to disk will eventually leave no RAM for services or basic OS functionality and the PC in the display will grind to a halt.
   Your reboot interval can be designed based on the amount of data sent to the screen vs the amount of available memory that can be written to RAM.