Rss tickers/flash components

• 1 Replies

Offline sjwk

Rss tickers/flash components
« on: June 21, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »
Hi,
Just trying to get some LFDs up and running.  Magicinfo is clearly missing a lot of the polish of other systems, but does have the hardware monitoring and remote control of the screens so would prefer to stick with it if I can.  Before I start looking at other products (again), does anyone have any good sources of flash components that fill some of these gaps?

In particular, trying to find a good RSS ticker to scroll a news feed across the bottom of the screen, and an image slideshow that will crossfade between images (or fade to transparent), not just fade to black/white etc.  Have been searching for a good RSS ticker to provide BBC news, but have yet to find one that works well and is tweakable in terms of colours, font size etc.

I've heard that Magicinfo premium has RSS support, but before I try installing that, is the RSS support worthwhile?  I've read two different opinions on it on here so not sure what it offers and am reluctant to try installing it and messing up the screens (can it be installed alongside Magicinfo-i or will it break the existing software?)

Also, can someone point me at something official that says it's free for 5 screens, or is it a time limited evaluation?  I've read posts saying both.  I've downloaded it but not installed yet.

Steve.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Rss tickers/flash components
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »
I have no problems using the BBC RSS feeds. It works just fine for me. I can use the DATE, TITLE and the TEXT within the RSS feeds and also have them scrolled from right to left. This is easy to do on MagicInfo I Premium.

You can also use the slide show and a folder that has all the pictures within that folder rather than having individual pictures one after the other.

MagicInfo I Premium has three elements AUTHOR, CLIENT and SERVER. The Server holds the 5 free licenses. To see this, login to your MagicInfo I Premium server, select Setting Tab and then License Information option on the left hand side. In fact the MagicInfo I Premium server holds 25 free licenses for MagicInfo Lite, too.

Bill