Alarm rule for SyncMaster 460Mx-3

• 3 Replies

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Alarm rule for SyncMaster 460Mx-3
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi at all!

Recently I started to use MagicInfo-i Premium for our new info display system.

Today I discovered the section for setting up alarm rules. But in the list with known display types there are only SM 460Mx and 460Mx-2 listed, not my 460Mx-3 model. So what's the deal exactly with the alarm rules? Do I have to use the exact type of model or can I use - let's say- 460Mx instead of Mx-3? Is there any alarm rule data which can be imported from Samsung? Or do I have to write a rule script by myself? I would be quite nice to get informed about any errors in the future so I 'd like to use the alarm tool.

Thank you in advance!

Greetz,

Sabrina

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Alarm rule for SyncMaster 460Mx-3
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »
Hi at all!

Recently I started to use MagicInfo-i Premium for our new info display system.

Today I discovered the section for setting up alarm rules. But in the list with known display types there are only SM 460Mx and 460Mx-2 listed, not my 460Mx-3 model. So what's the deal exactly with the alarm rules? Do I have to use the exact type of model or can I use - let's say- 460Mx instead of Mx-3? Is there any alarm rule data which can be imported from Samsung? Or do I have to write a rule script by myself? I would be quite nice to get informed about any errors in the future so I 'd like to use the alarm tool.

Thank you in advance!

Greetz,

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
For most of display alarm rules are the same, there is not difference between 460Mx and Mx-3.
The system is sending one command to screen and receiving screen's sensors values (Fan, Brightness, Lamp, Temperature...), if something wrong you will be warned.

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »
Ah, ok. Sometimes things turn out to be very simple.  ;)

Thank you for your answer.

Greetings,

Sabrina

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 11:43:57 AM »
I'm sorry, but I have to ask again if anybody can explain to me how to use the alarm rules with MagicInfo.

There is a rule included in the MI Server software already. But I don't know if I have to edit any parameters by myself. Here's the rule I got:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <rulelist name="Monitor" version="0.1.1" timeInterval="600" xmlns="http://www.samsung.com/wsrm/alarmCreateRule" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
- <rule name="OverHeat">
- <item name="OverHeat State" path=".MO.ALARM_INFO.OVERHEAT" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- Over Heat
  -->
- <rule name="Disk Space Limit">
- <item name="No Disk Space avilability" path=".MO.ALARM_INFO.DISK_SPACE_LIMIT" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- Disk Space Limit
  -->
- <rule name="System Shutdown">
- <item name="Monitor Shut down" path=".MO.ALARM_INFO.SHUT_DOWN" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- System Shutdown
  -->
- <rule name="LFD Lamp Fault">
- <item name="LFD Lamp Fault" path=".MO.FAULT_INFO.LAMP" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- LFD Lamp Fault
  -->
- <rule name="LFD Bright Sensor Fault">
- <item name="LFD Bright Sensor Fault" path=".MO.FAULT_INFO.BRIGHT_SENSOR" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- LFD Bright Sensor Fault
  -->
- <rule name="LFD Fan Fault">
- <item name="LFD Fan Fault" path=".MO.FAULT_INFO.FAN" eventCnt="10">
  <equal>true</equal>
  </item>
  </rule>
- <!-- LFD FAN Fault
  -->
  </rulelist>

What's the exact meaning of "eventCnt"? Is it about the percentage to be reached to trigger an alarm or is it any counter for alarms that happened with a device? It's a pity that the manual only explains how to deploy, delete... rules. But it doesn't give any information about the exact alarm rule and its' content.

Can anyone help me out of this misery? The display state is already monitored by Nagios, but I wanted to use alarm rules, too, for the users to-be who havn't got access to Nagios alarm information.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Sabrina