MagicInfo Pro wont accept password? (i didn't forget)

• 4 Replies

Offline chazzy2501

MagicInfo Pro wont accept password? (i didn't forget)
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:14:28 AM »
I've been unable to publish new screens and schedules as of yesterday.  The software says that the files are published sucesssfully but the screens were showing the old schedule.  That schedule has now expired and the screens are showing the screen saver.  The software insists that it's published the new files 100% and reports no errors. I've checked the times and dates on the workstation, server and the screens.  I've gone to administer the magicinfo client on the TVs but they will not progress past the password field. I'm certain of the password as I wrote them down during the installation. (I never mix case btw)

help

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo Pro wont accept password? (i didn't forget)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:04:22 PM »
Hi, I don't know if this will be of help but I think if you re-install the client software it will ask you for a new password during the installation..

Offline chazzy2501

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »
Like I said I didn't forget! I setup 3 of these badboys and wrote down what I did on the first screen then copied the config onto the 2nd and 3rd screens.  Everything has been fine for months now but after uploading the most recent screen it's refusing to accept new publishes (but doesn't error) and when I enter a password it doesn't say I'm wrong or right?  I can't install new software as I'm unable to disable EFW so the changes are lost during the restart.  This is super frustrating.

Offline chazzy2501

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
OK I made a mistake! After looking further up my notes I can see I configured them all incorrectly! I had changed the password BUT forgot to enable (or disable) the EWF lol!

So I used the default pw and hey presto!

Default password = 6 zeroes!

Doh!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
Nice one-no-ones perfect  ;D

So is everything working ok now or are you still having publishing problems?