Cannot Install Magic Info I

• 25 Replies

Offline Burek1978

Re: Cannot Install Magic Info I
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 01:39:13 PM »
Ok, heres an odd question are you running VMware on the same server you're trying to install MagicInfo-I on?  I only ask because they both use Tomcat6.exe and I've just attempted to install VMware on the same server and it won't start the service unless the MagicInfo service has been stopped.

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »
No sir, not running it on the server.  Thanks though.

Offline Burek1978

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 11:24:36 AM »
I am shocked that no-one else is having any issues installing this.  I'm currently trying to install it on a different machine and still I'm getting silly problems.  Can't create postgres account, check password (postgres) or port or install path.

p2master I'm sorry I don't think there is anything else I can do to help.  If anything comes up I'll post on here. :'(

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
Yes I feel the same way.  Someone has to have an answer, but thanks for your help.

Offline Burek1978

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »
Ok, I've just done a completely new install on an XP (Sp3) machine.  Everything installed first time with no errors an seems to be fine, one thinsg that did occur to me was.  Can you access the Magic-Info login screen locally on the machine you installed it on by going to http://locahost:7001/MagicInfo (note that you need the capital letters in MagicInfo otherwise it won't work).

Let me know how you get on.

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »
Thanks Scott,

Could you link me to the install that you used?  The one I used did not come with PostgreSQL.  It just assumes you have it installed

Sorry for the late reply.  Here is the server and client from Samsung's LFD site that i installed. http://www.samsunglfd.com/support/downloadlist.do

Server: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kmywjmtyiay/SetupServer_Standard_1006_0_091116_1410.exe
Client: http://www.mediafire.com/file/oztrcmqtw3t/SetupClient_Standard_v1006.0.exe

I just reinstalled it on a VM running XP and it seems to work fine

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »
Yeah that's the same install I used, it doesn't install any version of PostgreSQL.  And no I can't log in to the MII server web address, nothing works.

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
So when I install PostgreSQL before MII, it doesn't work.  When I removed everything and tried just the server install I get this error:

"Check password of 'postgres' or port of database or install path of PostgreSQL"

The install won't continue after this point.  What a program.

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
Before installing try to remove everything related to MagicInfo-I first, which includes any version of postgres you have installed already.  confirm the removal through add/remove programs.

As a note if you ever were to upgrade the client software, be sure to uninstall it before putting the updated version on.  Otherwise you'll get errors that won't let you start.

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »
Tried all that already.