Adding a Countdown to Christmas - embed code

• 2 Replies

Offline claire1342

Adding a Countdown to Christmas - embed code
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:49:53 PM »
Hi

I would really like to add a countdown to Christmas on our school TV screen, but cant seem to work out how to do it. I have found lots of websites which offer an embed code, how do I use this code with the software?

Thanks again!

Offline kfocht

Re: Adding a Countdown to Christmas - embed code
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:59 AM »
To my knowledge, you can't use the embedded code in the software it self, but you can take that coding and make your own web page.  I displayed the time on the bottom of our screens by creating a webpage with the background, clock, as well as the copyright for the company.  Then I placed it on the displays hard drive so that I didn't need website server space and when it refreshed it didn't count towards a pageview on the website.  The only draw back to this is that if you change something to the html, then you have to load the new file to all the screens you are working with.  So if you only have a few then that is simple, but if you have a lot then possibly adding to the media server would be best.  Does that make sense and/or help any?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Adding a Countdown to Christmas - embed code
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
As a simple example:

Firstly copy the code between the asterisks below into a .txt file

Then change the extension from .txt to .html

<html>

<head>
</head>

<body scroll="no">
<div align="center"><embed src="http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g78/webbfree/christmas/animations/countdown-1.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="524" height="142"></embed>
</body>

</html>

Place this page on your magicinfo pro server [or client in D: drive] then set this page as a web area in screen design by hyper-linking to it [full screen if required]. Change the linked embedded element [between the <body></body> tags] to the code from the file you you want, [there are loads of Christmas Countdown flash files on the internet] then place other magicinfo pro areas [pictures, rss, web, flash] around it.

EricL