Uploading content fails

• 15 Replies

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
Uploading content fails
« on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »
I'm trying to upload content to the server via the browser client.  I've tried FTP and HTTP but both are failing.  In the directory %INSTALLPATH%\MagicInfo-i\runtime\content_upload
i actually see a folder being created but is empty.  I have tried to drop files in here such as jpg but still no luck.   
There is another directory %INSTALLPATH%\MagicInfo-i\runtime\upload\schedule   where i have also tried to drop in schedules, but that also does not work

I'm trying to perform this task at the machine the server is installed on. All firewalls are off for now.  I've tried calling samsung but am told it's a DHCP issue and they'll have to get back to me.

Anyone else have the same problem and or know possible solutions?  Is there a way to just dump content into a folder and have the browser client pick up on it?

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
Re: Uploading content fails
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
I'm having the exact same issue. Failure at the FTP process. It seems the Author software communicates via HTTP to tell the server to create the folders and then the FTP process is supposed to happen but it fails. We are set up with DHCP as well. Have you tried switching to a dedicated IP? We're thinking of trying that next.

What was the phone number you called?

Thanks,
Brian

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 07:01:56 PM »
Hello Brian, the number to call the Samsung Digital Signage Helpline is 01932 455214, they are very helpful.

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:27:37 PM »
What version of the server software are you running? We jumped straight to 1006 and are curious to know if 1005 suffered from this same issue.

I plan on calling just so they can hear one more voice complaining about it.

Right now we have MagicInfo Pro working but we're a little disappointed with some of its limitations and really want to use the new Authoring software. If I find out anything I'll be sure to post it.

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:52 AM »
I also went straight to version 1006.   As for the number i called, i'll post that as soon as i can find it.   Also try just asking for the magicInfo department when you call, there is a guy there named Steve who understands this problem with DHCP.  Unfortunately my hours somewhat conflict with his so i haven't had the pleasure of picking his brain.   

Please post your findings! 

Thanks,
Scott

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »
Also having this same problem.  Spent the past week on the phone with Samsung and they belive it might have something to do with computers that are on domains and i'm waiting for them to call me back.  I installed on my personal computer and everything worked just fine, so who knows what it causing it.  The number for the MagicInfo Dept. is 1-888-341-2482.

Offline Scott

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »
I was finally able to get content uploaded, but only after the server was given a static IP

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
I assigned a static IP to the server, uninstalled the server software and then reinstalled and still could not get it to register content.  Called SAMSUNG again and they're still searching for answers, if anyone else has any ideas, i'd be big time appreciative.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
Hi everyone, if the Magicinfo I server is an FTP server then there is a clash with the ports. My server was an FTP server and used port 21 natuarlly, but when I re-installed Magicinfo I Server again, I used a different port, eg 7521. And that worked for me.

Bill

Offline hudsonma

• Major Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 02:22:09 PM »
Thanks Bill, I tried reinstalling on port 7521 and still no luck.  I am using a standard Windows XP machine and MagicInfo is the only thing I use that computer for.  MagicInfo Pro works with no problems so that adds to the confusion. 

Mark