reflash XP to original state

• 26 Replies

Offline Curt

reflash XP to original state
« on: December 01, 2009, 06:20:02 PM »
Is there a link to download a fresh image of the pc so i can wipe it clean and start new? My wonderful it department thought we needed to install a bunch of junk for our security policies. I cant get things to run correctly and I believe it is because of all the restrictions installed now IT does not know how to work around..... Fustrating. :-[

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: reflash XP to original state
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 06:39:12 PM »
Hi Curt,

I think you will find what you need if you look here http://www.magicinfopro.com/magic/index.php/topic,52.msg293.html#msg293 

Click on the link from Bill Coral who has very kindly uploaded a number of essential files.

EricL

Offline Curt

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »
Thanks a bunch..

You are talking about the files on Mediafire? if so then i already downloaded them. awsome reply. thanks again.... ;D

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »
Yes, I hope you get it working  ;D

Offline bmcclure

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
Were you able to reflash XP?  I have tried Bill's re-image steps but cannot seem to get it to work.  I downloaded files from mediafire and copied to a bootable flash drive.  Once in the command prompt I enter "SFIM /r:1 4046uxnww.sfi" but receive the message "Length of Image File Name Specified Must Not be More than 8 Characters"  so I tried "SFIM /r:1 4046uxnw.sfi" and receive the message "Failed to Open the Image File for Restore - File may Not be Available or Corrupted". I did not see an sfi file that could be downloaded, do I need one?  If so, can someone please provide one?  I have a Samsung 460CXN.  Thank you in advance.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »
Hi, if you call Samsung they should be able to send you a new image for your screens-they will need the full serial numbers and model numbers. Be nice to them and they are very helpful  ;)

Offline bmcclure

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I had contacted them by email last week and still have not received a response.  I will try calling them today.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
The best way to contact Samsung Digital Signage is:

0044 1932 834 066
0044 1932 834 067

or email them at:

[email protected]

Samsung use the NETVIEWER program and will configure your screens remotely all FREE of charge! I used this service a couple of times and they have helped me with router configurations and also networking issues that I had.

Regards, Bill

Offline fooyoong

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 03:12:53 AM »
bmcclure, "Length of Image File Name Specified Must Not be More than 8 Characters" is due to the DOS file naming system. DOS cannot recognize anything more than 8 characters, so if your SFI file name is longer than 8 character, rename it to something shorter and it should work.

Apart from that, you can also try using the "dir/w" on the command prompt. Look for your SFI extension filename and use the filename as listed accordingly.

Hopefully this help if you've yet to get any response from Samsung.

Offline ovad2

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:43:56 PM »
Hi Curt,

I think you will find what you need if you look here http://www.magicinfopro.com/magic/index.php/topic,52.msg293.html#msg293 

Click on the link from Bill Coral who has very kindly uploaded a number of essential files.

EricL

I've gratefully browsed through Bill's uploaded files.  However, I can't seem to find where he's actually hosting the 4046UXNWW.SFI file.  That is the OS image, correct?  On the samsunglfd.com download center, the only OS offered is 320TSn2 M-LEOXPE04HTS_1010.0 - no mention of 4046UXNWW. 

Are these images intended to be used on all MagicInfo Pro displays, specifically my 460DXN?

Thanks for your posts.

David