Codecs for .mp4 media

• 5 Replies

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Codecs for .mp4 media
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:17 AM »
Hi everybody!

I tried to upload and run a .mp4 video on our info system.

But Author tells me to install codecs for that kind of file. Even Author and Server aren't able to display the vid at the moment. Now I'm a little bit confused. Which codec pack do I have to install? Softonic All in One pack doesn't work so far. Do I have to download a special codec from Samsung itself? Has it to be installed on every PC using Author, every client and on the server? Searching in the ducumentations unfortunately didn't help me up of this "no-vid-misery".

Any ideas?

Greetings,

Sabrina

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: Codecs for .mp4 media
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:53:56 AM »
I'm sorry. Maybe I should read more carefully and set better search options.  :-[

Not able to play .mp4, only MPEG-1/-2 and WMV. As far as I was able to find out, so answer given by myself. Maybe my reply might help anyone else...  :D

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »
Hi, you can play other video formats if you upload the codec to the player screen but i am not sure if you can use the actual program to publish the video to the screens..

Don't know if that helps or not, we upload via the network then set it to run inside a web page.

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07:55 AM »
Hi there!

This morning I'm experimenting with installing suitable codecs on my clients. No success so far. It's a strange thing seeing a colleague loading .mp4/h264 media up via Author. That's where I failed yesterday...  ??? Maybe something's wrong with the laptop I'm using Author on.

But now the media can't be played on clients, even with codecs installed. I'm afraid you're right, this might be the problem:

but i am not sure if you can use the actual program to publish the video to the screens

MagicInfo keeps playing tricks on me... or I'm just facing another layer 8 problem.  :P But I'm not giving up yet!

Greetings,

Sabrina

Offline alee

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 05:20:50 AM »
Hi,

this might be outdated, but you can download current magic info i premium codec from cnet.com and search for k-lite codec pack full.

Offline KABay

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 03:18:11 PM »
I am running MagicInfo Premium I and needed to install a codec to the display first so it can read more video file formats. The version I used was here:

http://samsung.brawnconsulting.com/files/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_960_Basic.exe

You will need to install this to the SBB unit. The process will be:  Run the installer. Run the EWF. Device will reset. Test results.