Anyone using Magicinfo-I yet?

• 10 Replies

Offline malbenson

Anyone using Magicinfo-I yet?
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
We are thinking of getting some screens for a remote site and I would like some feedback from users of the above-

Thanks.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Anyone using Magicinfo-I yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »
Early days for this system-as I understand it, it is similar to the magicinfo pro but has extras such as WAN capability and a more user friendly design interface-I am sure it will grow fast like the original but we don't need the extras so we will stick to the LAN version for now.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:27:23 PM »

Here's the e-learning guide to Magicinfo-I

http://www.samsunglfd.com/flash/software/i/product_cd.swf

It certainly makes for interesting reading-the authoring interface is more of a wysiwyg than the original magicinfo pro so it should be easier for new users  ::)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
Samsung has started shipping these monitors with dual-boot. You can use MagicInfo-I or MagicInfo-Pro.

Regards

Bill

Offline malbenson

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »
If we can choose either system on the same screens it may be the way to go for us-some screens will be remote from the main site so the magicinfo-I WAN system would be ideal for these.

Many thanks to you all for your input.

Offline rmoore

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
I have been testing MagicInfo-I for a few days now. It is much more complete than  MagicInfo Pro is. Below are a few of the pros and cons of it.

Pros:
1: Role based user accounts. Now you can have users that are just schedulers or just authors. There are 6 roles in all.
2: Web based management. Very easy to setup schedules and manage content that is uploaded.
3: Screens have "Time Lines" and "Layers". No more scheduling 10 screens just to have a different video show on each one. Now you setup time lines to turn content on and off and layer multiple content on to of each other.
4: Client called the "Author". Now you install a local client and create your screens with ease. Then just upload them vie the build in ftp. Then just schedule them from the web interface.
5: Alerts. Very useful. Always nice to know when there is an issue publishing or the screen gets turned off.

Cons:
1: NO RSS FEEDS!! very disappointing. The work is it will be available in a paid advance version.
2: Content management is much different. Takes some time to get the concept of how to interact with it.
3: Still no MPEG 4 support

I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. Right now we are not implementing it to all our signs do to the cons of no RSS yet.

Ron

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
Hi Ron

thanks for the write-up. We have been looking at magicinfo-i for a while but were not sure what the true pros and cons were going to be. We use RSS feeds so we wont be changing just yet then!

Cheers  ;D

Offline malbenson

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
Still thinking about upgrading, we have some existing under utilised 460dxn screens we could relocate to our new site- if you have magicinfopro already installed is there a charge to update to magicinfo-i?

Thanks.

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 03:32:34 PM »
I'm right at the point of deciding which direction to go. i or Pro. I really like the interface of i and the ability to have text boxes have text wrap on, but I'd really like to have RSS be an option. With Pro, RSS is possible, but I can't get the text to wrap.

Am I missing something with Pro in regards to text wrapping?

Offline bvdecicco

• Super Guru
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
I suppose though, I could use a Flash file to display my RSS info. Anyone see any issues with that?