Device not connected.

• 5 Replies

Offline RangerTim

Device not connected.
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »
Testing MagicInfo i Premium, the monitor does not show as connected in server. All settings on monitor are correct (IP, port) - it showed connected yesterday when it was approved. tried restarting, server, monitor... no luck.
Any suggestions as to why? new content from author shows in server (using same IP, port).

Offline RangerTim

Re: Device not connected.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:56:05 PM »
Updated... Can ping both ways, server to client, client to server. firewalls off or on no difference.
So, I tried removing the "disconnected" device from the server, expecting it to show up again as unapproved.
HA... nope can't even find it when searching for new devices (using server page).
ANYONE have any help, suggestions, tricks for getting the device to show up?

Offline chissotti

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »
The time on pc and monitor is it the same?

Offline daffydk

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »
sounds like its the same problem i had.. what i didt was empty the log folder on the client ..

Offline RangerTim

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
sounds like its the same problem i had.. what i didt was empty the log folder on the client ..

Whew, I was just about to reimage the LFD too...
Thanks, that seemed to clear it up, the mpagent is creating massive amount of logs.
once I deleted all the logs - it showed back up, I re-approved it, and now it (for now) works.
Any one have an idea as to why it is doing that?

Offline Kigaa

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
What log file are you guys mentioning? I didn't find a log file in my installation
If I installed Premium-i on the client on the C:// what is it's path to the log file.

Thanks