Connecting straight to 400-MXN2 and local publish problems

• 3 Replies

Offline rks

Connecting straight to 400-MXN2 and local publish problems
« on: September 20, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to the whole Magicinfo system and I have a few problems (and I have searched for answers over and over again...):

How can I connect the server software laptop straight to Syncmaster 400-MXN2? I have a crossover cable and all the names are correct, date and time are the same but the screen is not recognized. Tried with automatic connection and assigned IP addresses. No dice.

Also, how can I run the content from USB drive? I published locally and transferred the contents via USB drive but nothing happened. I tried the instructions from this link:

http://www.digitalsignagetechnology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26

Magicinfo is set to copy & play from external drive.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline rks

Re: Connecting straight to 400-MXN2 and local publish problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
...and I'm using Magicinfo pro, forgot to mention that.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »
with connections to the screen it depends on how you are setting the screens up could be a number of issues
post with full details of how the setup has been done and we will try to help.

is the client software on the tv and is it running, how is the screen connecting to the server via name or ip address.
also when you made any changes to the client did you commit changes via the EWF?

to run from the USB drive design a screen and then goto the schedule window setup a local screen and publish the screen to this and then copy this to the usb drive.

you will then need to go onto the client and set the magicinfo software to run from usb.

plug the usb into the screen and it should work fine.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
This is simple. You need to Local publish to a Local client. All the necessary files are in the C:\Program Files\SEC\MagicInfoPro\Localpublish directory. Once you do this, you copy the scheduler.scl, the filename.scn and the Screen directory to the USB memory stick. You then have to tell the client to use copy and display from a local drive. You go to client setup, then Screen and you choose the very last option on that screen shot.

Run player/client again and that is it.

Bill