Content Upload Between Server and Screen

• 7 Replies

Offline Delseefart

Content Upload Between Server and Screen
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »
Hi,

I have a Samsung MXN3 Screen. Both servers and Screen are connected at two different sites which are having ADSL links.

We have managed to detect and connect the LFD to the server, i.e. NAT done at the router on port 7001.

However, problem occurs when we are trying to have the content uploaded to the screen. We have performed the schedule, associate with content and device, but it doesn't seem to upload to the screen.

I am wondering if there is limitation of uploading content over the public internet network.

Need some advise and help

Offline Delseefart

Re: Content Upload Between Server and Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
Hi,

I have a Samsung MXN3 Screen. Both servers and Screen are connected at two different sites which are having ADSL links.

We have managed to detect and connect the LFD to the server, i.e. NAT done at the router on port 7001.

However, problem occurs when we are trying to have the content uploaded to the screen. We have performed the schedule, associate with content and device, but it doesn't seem to upload to the screen.

I am wondering if there is limitation of uploading content over the public internet network.

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
Hi,

There is no limitation for content uploading.
Please check if FTP is not blocked by firewalls and for your router please set forwarding for port 21.

Offline Delseefart

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »
There is no limitation for content uploading.
Please check if FTP is not blocked by firewalls and for your router please set forwarding for port 21.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice DSSC.

I have realized that it is not due to public network, I have tried it again and even had difficulty uploading content from the server to the LFD.

The schedule was uploaded successfully but there was no content all. I could see the content folder created within Repository > Content > , but there were not contents file at all.

It was working and suddenly just not work at all.

Do you have any idea?

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »
Check if you can access Mii FTP service from screen.
type in windows explorer address line: ftp://admin:admin@server ip/
if there is no files then client cannot download files from server.

Offline Delseefart

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 11:29:31 AM »
Check if you can access Mii FTP service from screen.
type in windows explorer address line: ftp://admin:admin@server ip/
if there is no files then client cannot download files from server.

Hi,

I can access my content_home folder from:  ftp://admin:admin@serverip/ from windows explorer.

But, at the Device Content Upload Status, it is showing Standby.

Could it be caused by the credential, meaning what ID will LFD screen use to access the server by FTP as I understand our server can be accessed by FTP using admin:admin, but how does screen know to use this credential?

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »
Hi,

I can access my content_home folder from:  ftp://admin:admin@serverip/ from windows explorer.

But, at the Device Content Upload Status, it is showing Standby.

Could it be caused by the credential, meaning what ID will LFD screen use to access the server by FTP as I understand our server can be accessed by FTP using admin:admin, but how does screen know to use this credential?
Can you attached client log files and MIIP server configuration file?
Server config is on C:\MIIP folder\conf\config.properties
client log in on D drive of the screen's PC.

Offline wimpydimpy

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »
http://www.signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,1528.0.html
I hope this is still relevant to your question  ::)
thanks for the ftp link, it helped me :)