New user to MagicInfo Pro - Setup is making no sense

• 6 Replies

Offline joelrsmith

New user to MagicInfo Pro - Setup is making no sense
« on: December 17, 2010, 11:58:32 PM »
I am trying to figure out how to setup our Samsung 460DXN with MagicInfo Pro.

The tech jargon that Samsung is using is not helpful at all, and I have no idea even where to start.

I have a "Screen 1" screen that I have setup on my "Server" computer...how to I get it onto the display???

Does it have anything to do with a "Monitor" that needs to be setup in MagicInfo Pro?  There were no instructions on how to do that.

Thanks!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: New user to MagicInfo Pro - Setup is making no sense
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »
Hi

have you read the guide and introduction sticky topics at the top of the forum? They are very helpful and a good starting point.

The system works by using what is known as server/client architecture, the server being a computer with the scheduling/design/control/publishing software installed on it and the client being the actual display monitor with a built in pc with the display software installed on it. The two computers should be installed on the same network so they can communicate wit each other.

Generally the system is used in what is know as scheduler mode where a display incorporating pictures/videos/power-points etc.. is designed on the server computer and scheduled to run at chosen times of the day/week/month. The screen design is then 'published' to the display monitor pc together with the schedule where it is then used to produce the desired display by the client software at the times specified within the schedule.

This is a really simplified explanation but I hope it gives you a basic idea  :)

EricL

Offline joelrsmith

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
Hi Eric,

Thanks for that info.

I am already familiar with the basic technology behind the configuration...what I need to know is how to get the display to talk and sync with the desktop pc running MagicInfo Pro.

For example, in my MagicINfo Pro, the network publish button is greyed out...there is clearly something missing. 

Also, when I go to create a schedule, there is no "Monitor".

The instructions here: http://www.samsunglfd.com/flash/software/pro/product.swf are laughable.  They can't even spell "Server" or "Message" correctly.  The person speaking the audio is doing it from a poorly written script, and there are some gaps in the setup process.

Offline dssc

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »
Is scheduler running on the display? Can you see MagicInfo Logo?
If yes, then is there any firewall on the way from client to server which can block traffic? Check if windows firewall allow communication between MIP client and MIP server.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 04:26:22 AM »
Make sure that File & Print Share is ON on the Windows Firewall. Do you have any other Anti-virus software running on your PC? If you do, make sure that the MagicInfo Pro is an exemption/allowed.

Bill

Offline malosn

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 12:18:30 AM »
hi,
just after the installation of the server, you should go to Option and setup the connection you are using to connect to clients (your LAN Card or Wificard).

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 08:57:38 AM »
1° verify your lan settings, if you have dhcp let it give an IP to your screen, otherwise put it in your lan card (you must be on the same network!!)
2°  on your screen, you have an MagicInfo Setup Wizard icon. Launch it and tick the MagicInfo Pro. Setup it all
3° Verify on your screen your firewall. you must have:
Launch MagicInfoRM
MagicInfo Pro Scheduler in the Exception Programs
4° verify on your computer your firewall. you must have Magicinfo Pro in the exception.
5° when you have make all launch MagicInfo Pro on your screen
6° launch MagicInfo Pro on your computer.
7° verify in the tools then option you have in the General tab you have an network device
8° after go to the schedule icon. you must have under network your screen that appears

excuse me for the broken English, i'm french
i hope to have help you
Sébastien

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tout ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaire je vous laisse un téléphone:
02 32 23 26 03

Sébastien,