Standard windows installation within 520DXn?

• 1 Replies

Offline noeljep

Standard windows installation within 520DXn?
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
Hello all,

I'm currently dealing (struggling is more exact) with the fine tune of a 520 dxn.
We need to get access to:
-internal content on MOSS 2007 infrastructure
-External content from internet websites
-Custom presentation made with Magicinfopro software.

I need to get this computer connected to the domain. Internal security policies force us to have a McAFEE antivirus software installed.
The WINDOWS XP embedded version does not allow us to do what we want. So I need to install our standard platform release (XP based) to have support for everything I need.

The 520dxn is provided with a 4GB ssd which does not allow us to install our standard configuration.
Is it possible to replace it internally by a regular Hard disk drive?
Is it still possible to install magicinfo pro on such a system? --> I know it does an hardware check but does he also check platform as well?

Thanks in advance for you replies.

Regards.

JP

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Standard windows installation within 520DXn?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 10:51:43 AM »
only thing i would suggest is looking at the thumb drive option but unsure if you could get this to work as you want maybe someone else here can shed some light in that respect.

Ive never heard of anyone replacing the harddrives in the tv's and we have similar internet policies but with the EWF have never had any issues etc with the screens and we are running 25 of them with another 7 controlled by myself  remotely at other sites.