New user : Scheduling

• 11 Replies

« on: October 21, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »
Hello.
Could you please tell me if I can program (and how, if possible)10 screens of 15 seconds repeating from 6A.M. to 7p.m without copy and paste my 10 screens +/- 1800 times ?
Thank you.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: New user : Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:46:29 PM »
why do you not just incorporate all the screens into the one screen? and adjust the timings

let us know what format you are using on each of your screens and ill try to help as best i can.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
Thank you Ewanl30 !
I tried to understand what you meaned, .... and I did !
1) I calculate the total lenght and I put this lenght for the background screen
2) I create all my windows with start hour/finish hour to switch from the one to the following
3) I scheduled my screen from 6A.M. to 7p.m.
(I have web and picture windows)

And that's all !!! no ?
Thanks again ...

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »
yeah thats all you need to do just build the screens on top of each other
instead of doing an separate screen for each one build them all on top of each other and change the timings on each individual aspect either web or picture.

does this resolve the issue for you?

Offline lemespn

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
Could you please walk me through step by step on how to incorporate multiple ppt screens so I can run them all day(14hrs) w/out scheduling them separately on the scheduler. Thanks!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:01 PM »
Hi

you need to set the times the items will run in run in the "area" option sequentially-so your first item would run from 00:00:00 to 00:30:00 - your second item would run from 00:30:00 to 01:00:00 and so on, this presumes each of your files is 30 minutes long..

Set the main page background to run for the total time you want all the files to cycle (14 hours) then set up the schedule to play the resulting file when required.

Hope that helps :-)

EricL

Offline lemespn

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 03:40:02 PM »
Sorry for being naive, since I am new to this, but did you mean I will do that through the schedule screen...? I have two screens (i.e. A three hours and B one hour) that are scheduled to rotate every day for 14 hours. It is somewhat complicated for me since I have to create a screen every designated time I run A/B.

Is there a way I can integrate both screens, and create a schedule once(both screens)?

Thank you!

Offline Petecolquitt

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »
If all your screens are ppt, it would be much easier to set up this 15 second timing in PowerPoint and then save as a wmv file (if you have office 2010).
Alternatively, save your ppt slides as jef images and then add timings as you would with any photo content in magicinfo 'screen' section.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »
Although this is a good solution, eg to convert PPTX to WMV through Office 2010, you do not have to do this.

MagicInfo pro can do the PPX files within a frame provided you set the scheduler to use the PPX Viewer (there is an option to do this with MagicInfo pro scheduler). I find that the PPT Viewer 2007 is the best. I don't use viewer 2010 as it gives me endless problems.

Bill

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
Hello,

If you want to scheduling all your's screens both, you can create a group in theschedule and put your two screens into.
now you can manage your two screens both, and put a schedule for 14 hours that will be replicated on both screens if you want to play the same on these.
like say EricL, you can manage your ppt in your screen, you create as many areas as you have powerpoint and you calculate the duration of these
ex: ppt n°1 duration 32s
you put the time in you area properties to 00:00:00 to 00:00:32
ppt n°2 duration 46s
you put the time in you area properties to 00:00:33 to 00:01:18
ppt n°3 duration 1m 44 s
you put the time in you area properties to 00:01:18 to 00:03:02
you set your background end time to 00:03:02
you put the time block at level of your group in schedule and you extend it to 14 hrs
i hope to have help you too
excuse me for my broken english i'm french
have a nice day,
Sébastien
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tout ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaire je vous laisse un téléphone:
02 32 23 26 03
forum francais:
http://affichage-dynamique.forum-pro.fr