Password used for installation does not work...

• 11 Replies

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
Password used for installation does not work...
« on: October 25, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
Ok, this is driving me up the wall... this program is REALLY screwy.

I installed MagicInfo Pro on my computer so that I could change the signs from my office (at the time it had been installed on someone elses computer while we were testing it). First of all, when I installed it last week, it would not detect ANY of the monitors. So I had to go to the other computer to do anything. Once we fixed the EWF clock problem about an hour or so passed where nobody could connect to the monitors, not even the first computer we installed it on... in that time I went back to my own computer and uninstalled MagicInfo Pro to make sure it was not causing any problems from that computer. Finally the first computer detected the monitors once again and we got everything working fine. Now I am trying to get the program to work on my computer... I re-installed it and the password I input into the installation process does not work! I uninstalled and re-installed it again--did the same thing. So, I tried everything from restarting my computer several times to installing it once again and doing a system restore back to before I ever installed the program the first time! After the lengthy process of restoration, I installed the program once again and it's doing the same darn thing!!

What in the world is going on and can it be fixed?

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
Re: Password used for installation does not work...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »
FYI - six zeros doesn't work either.

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
This error in the attatched photo is all it will give me no matter what I type in an no matter how many times I try to re-install the program to reset the password!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:56:49 AM »
Hi

I am not clear from your posts, when you reinstall the program do you enter a different admin password when asked or don't you get that far? In other words does it give you the opportunity to set up a new password on installation?

EricL

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 03:50:41 PM »
Hi

I am not clear from your posts, when you reinstall the program do you enter a different admin password when asked or don't you get that far? In other words does it give you the opportunity to set up a new password on installation?

EricL

Yes, it does, and I've tried inputting the same password several times (over several different installations), and after that did not work, I tired using extremely simple new passwords, and those did not work either.

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »
And to try to be as clear as possible: When I say I installed it and re-installed it--when I install it, I mean it installs all the way (like it should) and it takes my password during installation as it should, but once the program is installed, I start it up and select "log in" and I select "Administrator," input the password it took during installation, and instead of it logging on I get that error sign every time.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
Are you logged in as administrator account on the pc?

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
My tech department messed with it for about an hour... no luck--although he did discover that there were significant differences in a couple of the files installed on my computer compared to another computer where the program was working correctly (he accessed the deeper files that you use a special browser in system administrator privileges to see the particular files--they were specifically in the folder that held the files that recorded the user sign-in name and password).

We decided to take the easy route and swap out computers all together--I had to transfer all my files and programs to this new desktop--talk about an annoying day.

My recommendation so that nobody ever runs into this problem... don't EVER uninstall the program unless you know you will never use it again. I'm running on a Windows 7, 32 bit operating system, pretty much up to date. So the whole uninstall and re-install advice if you forget your password isn't good advice (found in the Help section of the program)--DONT DO IT!

Offline JustinH1483

• Major Guru
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »
Are you logged in as administrator account on the pc?

Yes I was, the entire time.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
Hi

glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing the info  8)

Best

EricL