Problems Registering data to the Library

• 2 Replies

Offline kjpitt84

Problems Registering data to the Library
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »
Hello, I am new to the software and have run into a bit of an issue registering data to the library on the content server.

I believe everything is setup properly, the content/schedule server is located on a virtual server on the WAN.  The monitor is connected through a direct IP connection to this virtual server.  Using this setup, the monitor is visible from the Remote Management program within Magicinfo Pro and I can control the menu and options of the monitor from the server location.  I connect to this server from my PC using Remote Desktop to login and run the Magicinfo Pro software.  It is setup this way so that the server will always be running and not dependent on the state of my PC.  As far as I can tell, there are no problems communicating with the monitor this way.

The problem I am having is when trying to register an item to the content library.  I can browse the WAN within the software and find the file I want, but when I right click on the item to send it to the library, it fails.  The same thing happens with any file type that I try to register.

Example:
Register :: frame3.htm :: Fail
Success 0, Fail 1

I?m not sure if the problem is with the way the server is setup or something I am doing wrong within the software.  I also have noticed that when I create a folder within the library, it disappears once I leave the library and go back.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas how to fix...I didn't find any related topics within the forum.

Thanks,
Kevin

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Problems Registering data to the Library
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »
Hi, could it be the setting of the virtual server, which one are you using? Are you able to save files to the virtual server normally onto say the desktop?

I would have thought there wouldn't be any major issues..

EricL

Offline kjpitt84

Re: Problems Registering data to the Library
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 06:16:42 PM »
Yea, it turns out it was just a permissions issue.  Once I was added as an Administrator, the problem went away.

Thanks