Can't access MI-P Server via Browser anymore!

• 4 Replies

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Can't access MI-P Server via Browser anymore!
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:04 AM »
Hi Guys!

I facing a really strange problem at the moment: I can't access my MI-Premium Server via browser (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox) any more. A few minutes ago I tried to open the server interface in Internet Explorer, but the browser stays blank... not login-form, NOTHING at all appears. Same in Mozilla Firefox.

Is it possible to access the server interface directly on the virtual machine where it has been installed? Or is the only way to reach it by using any webbrowser (IE preferred, I know)? I'm going nuts already, this never happened before. Even rebooting the WIN Server 2003 R2 on which the server is running didn't take any effect. Had anyone of you the same problem?  ???

Greetings,

Sabrina

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
Re: Can't access MI-P Server via Browser anymore!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »
As far as I found out by now is that the MagicInfo Service running on tomcat can't be established. But I think this service is needed, that any graphical output can be done with the MagicInfo Server data.

I tried to find out which services are currently running on my system using "sc query type= service state= all" in cmd. But only typical Windows services were listed, none referred to MagicInfo or tomcat.

So I used "C:\MagicInfo-i Premium\tomcat\bin>service.bat install" to reestablish the service. But it couldn't load its native library to complete the operation. Trying to shutdown or restart the service doesn't work either, because the entry point of "JVM_FindClassFromBootLoader" couldn't be found in jvm.dll.

Is there anybody here who knows about the tomcat procedures working in the background while MagicInfo is running? Or maybe there is an limitation for the licences lifetime, which blocks special functions is the expiry date is reached? But I'm just running 5 displays which should be allowed without a full licence.  :o

Any idea, guys?  :-\

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:37:27 PM »
Sorry, I've forgotten to tell you that Tomcat is obviously installed correctly, because I can access the standard .html page by accessing ip:7001 on my machine... maybe that is important, too.

Offline s_schopen

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:21:09 PM »
So, now I got a déjà-vu... found solution myself. That's what I did:

• Open cmd as an admin.
  • Go to path where MagicInfo-tomcat files are, in my case: C:\MagicInfo-i Premium\tomcat\bin\
  • Execute MagicInfoPremiumw.exe and a dialogue box should open.
  • Stay on page "General", at the bottom you can see the startup type and the service status.
  • My Server told my that his service is started already, so I just stop it by clicking on button "Stop"
  • Wait until stopping process is finished.
  • Restart service by clicking on "Start".
  • Wait until startup process is finished.
  • Status should be "started" again.
  • Switch to browser on PC where you normally connect to the server from.
  • Open http://IP:7001/MagicInfo and bingo! Everything works fine!!!

If systems can have the hiccups, mine definitely had one!  :D

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »
Hi

glad you got it sorted Sabrina, sorry I couldn't help but thanks for sharing :-)

EricL