Remote Management - setting the time for ALL displays at once

• 4 Replies

Offline kfocht

Remote Management - setting the time for ALL displays at once
« on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:30 AM »
I have been working with MagicInfo Pro for about a year now and have thirteen displays across three campus' for the church I work for.  I want to get all the times to be exactly the same so they boot up and shut down in sync as well as it would just be nice to have them all the same time.  I recently started playing with the "Management" menu under "Tools" in the Remote Management Section of MagicInfo Pro 2503.0.  I have gotten most of the controls to send and work like turning off the displays, changing channels, and volume levels, but I can't figure out how to set the time.  I can get the data packets to the screens, but all the time does is flash and then revert back to the old setting as viewed from MagicInfo.  I would like to stop having to change the times one by one if possible and Windows automatic time sync makes them anywhere from one to ten minutes different from each other.  Any other options for changing them would work too.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Remote Management - setting the time for ALL displays at once
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
Hello, this may be of interest to you:

How to alter the Windows default time sync via the Registry.

Navigate to the following in the Registry on each of your screens:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient (SpecialPollInterval)

Right click on 'SpecialPollInterval' in the right hand column and select Modify>Decimal.

The decimal number is in seconds.

Set the value set to 3600 (update every hour).

We also changed the default time server address to obtain the time from one of our local time servers but this is not required, the default internet server is fine.

Remember to backup the Registry beforehand, commit and apply the EWF function on the screen.

This procedure will ensure that every one of your screens always displays the correct time to the second.

Note: This will not sync the separate clock function that turns the display itself on and off. That appears to be entirely separate from the computer hardware.

Offline kfocht

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
That sounds like it will do it for me.  Thanks for the information!

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
On the Tools menu, you can select an option on the right hand side, ie Time, right click and Copy and then Paste All will do the Time setting to all screens at the same time. You can do this, with the other options, ie On/Off Activate etc.

Regards

Bill

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
Hi Bill

I didn't know that-this forum is brilliant for learning all the little tricks and shortcuts that magicinfo pro is capable of-it's why I like using the Samsung system it so much-you can change the whole look of all the displays instantly which means the system should be future proof for some time-it can evolve with the growth of our company  ;D Basically your imagination is the only thing that can hold you back-you cant say that about most of the other digital signage equipment available!

Keep up the tips  ;D ;D ;D