Help!!

• 2 Replies

Offline Kubzy

Help!!
« on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
Is there anyone that can help. I work for a school, we are using Magic Info Pro the latest Client and Server Software on 10 Samsung Screens. We have a problem, we save all our presenations in a shared area on a mapped drive. When we change the presentations in the shared area then re-publish within Magic Info Pro server software the Screens do not see the changes. The only way we can get around this is to re-do the content within MIP after the presentations have been amended, then re-publish. We have been advised to use Powerpoint viewer and not the full verison of powerpoint. So I have tried to install this on one of our board but now I get a security error when I publish to this screen saying that the security level does not permit the download to the screen... Help!!!!

Offline ComVideo

• ComVideo
  • SuperHero & MegaGuru
    • ComAudioVideo
Re: Help!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
Hello,

when you say you have save all your presentations in a shared area on a mapped drive, can you say me what is the type of presentations? powerpoint, pictures...???
if it is it is normal that you have to republish your media if you are in push mode, not streamed. you change the name of your powerpoint? If so, it is normal to have to open the screen to do it again. can you tell me more about your problem?
excuse me for the broken English, i'm french
i hope to have help you
Sébastien

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A tout ceux qui souhaitent télécharger le logiciel Magicinfo Pro de Samsung, je vous mets un lien pour obtenir Magicinfo Pro gratuitement et dans sa dernière version :

http://www.comaudiovideo.com/fr/logiciel/103-logiciel-magicinfo-pro.html

Vous trouverez également sur ce site, des formations au logiciel et également des solutions de gestion de parcs d'écrans.

Si vous avez besoin d'infos complémentaire je vous laisse un téléphone:
02 32 23 26 03

Sébastien,

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Help!!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Not sure I understand. Are all PPTX files saved with the same name and same location? If this is the case, then you need to ensure that these files are added to the library. MIP player will download media files, but will not renew them unless the schedule is re-published.

The reason why the MIP player will not use the latest PPTX file is because it knows the PPTX name is the same (despite its difference in size, probably...) and has no need to re-download it. There is a another setting within this, instead using 'download' use the streaming option. This is located next to the file name you have under the Transfer Mode.

I hope this helps.

Bill