Using a mouse with the TV

• 3 Replies

Offline jcerutti

Using a mouse with the TV
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to get the mouse pointer to display over top of the content on a TV? I'm broadcasting a webpage and I have a mouse connected. I want to be able to click on certain items with the mouse but it is not visible. My workaround so far is to use a pop-up window since it seems to show the mouse when you open a pop-up. This is not the ideal solution for me though because the scheduler window (which is blank since it's just a redirect to open an Internet Explorer popup) will sometimes display over top of the content i'm intending.

thanks - Jesse

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Using a mouse with the TV
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »
Hi Jesse

Magicinfo Pro hides the mouse cursor by default although you can choose to make a web area clickable-I can't remember if that makes the cursor visible-it would seem logical that it would  ;)

I do know that you can see a cursor when you use VNC to remote the screen.

EricL

Offline jcerutti

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:15:22 AM »
Hi Eric,

The web area is clickable but the mouse is hidden, so if you happen to guess correctly about where your mouse pointer is located and left-click, it will work. It seems odd to me that there is not a setting to override this but as of now I cannot find one, if anyone know of this or another workaround that would be great (or maybe an update to the scheduler software that allows this in the future).

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:42:43 PM »
Jesse/Eric yes indeed - you are both right. This is the essense of Digital Signage of course - no cursor! Anyhow, although I have not used it myself, there is a utility out there called nomousy which brings your cursor back. Maybe you can try that and also let me know?

Regards, Bill