Rotating Websites

• 6 Replies

Offline sharpe

Rotating Websites
« on: December 15, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
yet another new user here.  I have watched the tutorials as well as read the ppt training material.  However, I am still having a hard time getting this 460DXn to alternate between two websites every 10 minutes.  I need for the sites to run in full screen on the monitor.  I have set the Background area to run for 1 hour.  Both web sections have been set to run for a total of 19 minutes each.  I think what i am running into is the fact that the start time is not allowing the first website to restart after the 10 minute interval of the showing of the second website. 

Can anyone shed some light on this please?  Thanks in advance!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Rotating Websites
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
Hi and welcome

sounds like you just need to set the background time for 20 minutes total instead of an hour-that means every 20 mins the two sites will cycle :-) the first for 10 minutes (1-10mins) then the second for 10 minutes (10-20 mins) - then the first for 10 minutes (1-10mins) then the second for 10 minutes (10-20 mins) and so on assuming theses are the times you have set the two sites to run.

After that you use the scheduler to choose the times the screen powers on and off.

Let me know if there is still a problem.

Best EricL

Offline sharpe

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  i gave that a try, still not working.  Can you tell me where i am going wrong?  Below is the screen layout

Background
area
Start time 00:00:00
Stop time 00:20:00
duration 00:20:00

Web1
area
Start time 00:00:00
Stop time 00:05:00
duration 00:05:00

Web2
area
Start time 00:05:00
Stop time 00:10:00
duration 00:05:00

From here, the screen just goes black.  No MagicInfo logo.  Not until the total time of the barckground area finishes.  Also, I am having issues displaying the google calendar.  I can project the website onto the screen, however I am only seeing the outline of the calendar.  Has to be a reader that I am missing somewhere.  I tried javascript, but to no avail.

thanks again for the help!

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »
Hi

looking at your times, each site is only set to run for 5 minutes (making a total of 10 mins) but your background is set for 20 mins so there will be a delay of 10 mins before the first site displays again..

Try changing your times to 10 mins each or reduce the background time to 10 mins total.

For the Google problem it sounds as if it could be a browser or even a proxy issue - firstly try accessing it via the IE browser on the screen to see if it will display in that.

EricL

Offline sharpe

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
Ok, I have adjusted the times of each web implement to equal the total time of the background.  Testing now (fingers crossed)!

As for the google calendar, I thought it was going to be a browser issue also.  tried upgrading to ie 7 and 8 (both failed).  I am able to build it in the screen and preview it as well on my monitor.  I can also surf to if directly from the monitor itself with success and displays with no issues.  Only time i have issues is when I run the actual schedule.

I will let you know about the rotating soon as the time is up.

Offline sharpe

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 07:37:48 PM »
Bingo!  That did the trick!  I was over thinking it trying to make my webpage running times = to the total background time!  Now, on to the google calendar!!!

Offline cathehoke

Rotating Websites
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
Is there a native solution for rotating a monitor?  .. if not, are there any recommended applications that can do this?

Running Lion