Can I have the server software on the screen itself?

• 10 Replies

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Can I have the server software on the screen itself?
« on: December 15, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
Do I have to use a PC as a server along with the monitor, or can i install both the server software and client software on the monitor? and run them both at the same time?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Can I have the server software on the screen itself?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
That's an interesting question.

In theory I cant see why not but why?  ;D

You can set the client as a standalone player-you don't need the server at all then..

EricL

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 06:33:47 AM »
oh i did not know you could set it as a stand alone player. how do i do that? how can i schedule what to play and when if it is stand alone?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
Hi, click on the magicinfo icon in the tool tray-program/player  then you should be able to schedule local files or sourced from a usb stick to play.

Someone did mention it is slightly different in the latest versions and it accesses a version of magicinfo-x but give it a go  ;D

EricL

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:57:54 PM »
this screen only has magicinfo pro and magicinfo-I installed. I'm not sure what magicinfo-I does, downloading the manual now. my version of magicinfo is missing some setting options when I try to config it. what is the newest version?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 10:01:31 PM »
and what is the difference between all these different magicinfo programs?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »
The Samsung Magicinfo screens now days have both Magicinfo Pro and Magicinfo I installed. You need to select one or the other, but I think they can both co-exist although one running at a time.

Magicinfo Pro is the most used one at the moment and I can see Magicinfo I surpassing it at some stage. Magicinfo Pro is a server-client based scenario. With Magicinfo I you have three elements Authoring, Web Server and Client. The Clinet is easy, just waiting (just like Magicinfo Pro) to accept media files. All the templates are compiled on the Authoring software, then you upload them to the Web Server (based on TomCat web server). At the server side you have the scheduling to do and also managing of the screens.

I am using both - I find Magicinfo Pro perfectly OK with what I do, however, for enterprise work, I'd choose Magicinfo I. If you are in the UK, Samsung do have the Training once a month free of charge. Their website is: www.partnersamsung.com

Regards, Bill

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 06:03:30 PM »
when you say schedule a local file to play, what file type are you referring to? A picture, a powerpoint, .scn files created in the server software, etc? and how can i schedule what to play when?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
FYI I don't think you can have the server software and client on the same TV. Magic Info Pro client has to be running to be able to schedule anything. And if the client is running in full screen mode (I dont see any other option), you can't get into the server software to schedule.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »
got my questions answered from samsung. I think I'm all set for now. thanks everyone.