Cannot connect magicinfo server to Tv device

• 2 Replies

Offline ds_users99

Cannot connect magicinfo server to Tv device
« on: August 18, 2022, 08:14:53 AM »
After setup network and pointing tv device to magicinfo server, my magicinfo server still cannot connect tv device. Navigate to device -> unapproved on the server and list still show empty. Please advise

Using magicinfo lite edition. Tv device model is QB43B, TV FW version is 1020.8. Both magicinfo server and TV device location not on same site but connected via internet network. I have already setup FW list tcp port 7002 (using https settings on tv device to test), 21, 990 on the maginfo server network and tv device site but still not able to connect. Tv device still cannot connect even I change to magicinfo premium settings to test.

Please also advise the following setting on TV device end (see attached screenshot)
Embedded server settings and server/client mode (under network)
Verify Magicinfo server (under network -> server network settings)

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Cannot connect magicinfo server to Tv device
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »
Dear ds_users99,

Have you tried opening the login page of your MagicINFO installation in the web browser off the screen?
This is a good check if your screen can reach your installation.
If this is not the case perhaps there is something still in the way in your network set up.

Next, we have seen issues with these new screens and the connection IPV4 and IPV6. Try to let them connect over IPV4, this must be done within your network settings since this is no longer possible in the screen menu.

Kind regards.
Pepijn.

Offline SaDiKoFF

• Super Guru
Re: Cannot connect magicinfo server to Tv device
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 02:58:30 PM »
Hello ds_users99. It looks that you are using MagicInfo 6, 7 or 8 with new screens.
The issue is the SSL certificate of the MagicInfo that you have. New screens have an improved version for SSL/TLS  authentication.
It is necessary to do additional engineering on your magic info to make it work. We will be happy to help you on that for a cost.
Feel free to contact us.