Compatibility Issues

• 7 Replies

Offline MIhelp

Compatibility Issues
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »
I am new to MagicInfo and have not been able to resolve issues with Samsung support.  I have disabled firewalls and am still having several problems with install.  What is the preferred browser and settings needed to access MagicInfo?  Can Java 7 67 be used?  When connected to MagicInfo from PC running Server software I cannot load content.  I get an error message alerting to .jnlp files with content uploader not having program to handle these files.  I can load content from another networked pc.

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
Re: Compatibility Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »
Java 7 Update 67 works with MagicInfo Premium Server V2.0 Build NA-MIIPS-2005.0
In Java go to the Security Tab and Edit Site List, add your server to this list! Whilst your there, click the 'Manage Certificates' button and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd should be in the Trusted Certificates (or nothing will work, like ever!) Any browser should work. You'll need Admin rights to get MagicInfo to work on most machines, initially. Good luck.

Offline MIhelp

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »
Thanks for feedback on my problem.  The cert for Samsung Corp was already in Java.  I added http://192.168.4.145:7001/MagicInfo to trusted sites and I still had same error.

After logging on to to server thru any browser on my server pc and going to content tab I add content and get a message asking if I want to keep or discard uploader_content.jnlp file.  After selecting keep I get an error 1073 followed by the content add box followed by error 1059.  The content does not load.  If I go to another network pc I can log into magicInfo add content and then insert into schedule which plays on my devices.

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
Open the Java Control Panel - General Tab - Look for Temporary Internet Files and click 'View', this will open the 'Java Cache Viewer' and the highlight all the *.jar, *.jnlp files,  please then delete them. You may then need to restart the MagicInfo Premium Server and reload the Resources into the Java Cache Viewer, but this should happen as and when you use your browser. Because you have cleared the Java Cache, a clean copy of the file will be retrieved from the MagicInfo Server, if the problem persists then it is most likely the Java Files on the Server that are the issue.

Offline Aldin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:13:42 AM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post.
I have MagicInfo Premium Server and issues with Java ( for every single new version... )
Now, i cannot upload my content on my MagicInfo server.
Error code 1084.
Copy/paste of Java logg:

JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32-3735.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32-3735.dll
JNLPClassLoader: Finding library swt-win32.dll
serverUrl : http://localhost:7001/MagicInfo/
dispose
Response Status Code: 200
Success!
Success to call FtpMetaUploader servlet.
response=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Content cid="FE0B209D-74B9-48E8-B5EC-2EE9751A38A0" xmlns="http://www.samsung.com/magicinfo/contentmetaresponse">
  <TransferFile reqIndex="0">
    <IsNew>true</IsNew>
    <ReqFileID>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</ReqFileID>
    <FileID>75261FEA-8795-4EDC-9165-0E131EF0CBCC</FileID>
    <FileOffset>0</FileOffset>
  </TransferFile>
  <TransferFile reqIndex="1">
    <IsNew>true</IsNew>
    <ReqFileID>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</ReqFileID>
    <FileID>98ECC658-FCE9-4B9C-ADEC-5FC0F1E0E9CA</FileID>
    <FileOffset>0</FileOffset>
  </TransferFile>
</Content>

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
   at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
   at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at javax.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)
   at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:502)
   at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.__storeFileStream(FTPClient.java:410)
   at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.appendFileStream(FTPClient.java:1470)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.io.upload.FileUpload.ftpFileUploader(FileUpload.java:753)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.io.upload.FileUpload.upload(FileUpload.java:360)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.adapter.ButtonAdapter$4.run(ButtonAdapter.java:806)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.io.UploaderException: An error occurred! Please contact your administrator. (Error Code: 1084)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.io.upload.FileUpload.ftpFileUploader(FileUpload.java:851)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.io.upload.FileUpload.upload(FileUpload.java:360)
   at com.samsung.magicinfo.uploader.adapter.ButtonAdapter$4.run(ButtonAdapter.java:806)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have erased cache right before, and restarted server. Same error.

What can i do?

Help!

BR from Norway

Aldin

Offline timmer

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:08:07 AM »
Aldin,

maybe this is a problem with your proxy settings.
Please use the FQDN of your MagicInfo URL. eg. http://magicinfo.your.domain:7001

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 12:37:17 PM »
Ok, a couple of useful tips for new users:
1) Please check your installation logs, including, but not limited to tomcat for possible installation/runtime errors.
2) If the install/runtime logs don't highlight any underlying issues, then try looking at the Server Configuration Tool to see if all the ports are allocated correctly.
3) The Server Configuration Tool has a 'Reload' button which will fix some issues, but not all.
4) Keep your install directories at there default locations to save yourself any more headaches!
5) MagicInfo is at best buggy code, so look for simple errors to resolve recurring issues.
6) If you system is working, leave it well alone unless you really need to patch it!

Offline jaimzm

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 10:30:04 PM »
Java 7 Update 67 works with MagicInfo Premium Server V2.0 Build NA-MIIPS-2005.0
In Java go to the Security Tab and Edit Site List, add your server to this list! Whilst your there, click the 'Manage Certificates' button and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd should be in the Trusted Certificates (or nothing will work, like ever!) Any browser should work. You'll need Admin rights to get MagicInfo to work on most machines, initially. Good luck.

Say the server is on the list, but the Samsung Electronics Co certificate isn't, how would I go about rectifying that?