How to switch off the screens during week end

• 14 Replies

Offline bg

• Major Guru
Re: How to switch off the screens during week end
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 10:27:22 AM »
we use magicinfo-i , because the handling of the -pro isnt suitable for us , anyone knows how to switch on/off during weekend/weekdays in magicinfo-i ?

regards

Offline josesima

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
Hi, i have found a very simple solution for this, it work for us.

I have set in MDC to start the TV at 08:00H and shutdown at 18:00H each day, this will start also in weekends i know :) but then i have put a schedule task  with the shutdown.exe tool
(http://www.petri.co.il/quickly_abort_shut_down_commands_on_xp_2003.htm) with the syntax "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shutdown.exe /L /T:30 /Y /C"
and save it to run any Saturday and Sunday, so the TV will start at 08:00H in saturday and Sunday and the schedule task will run at 08:15H and shutdown the internal PC.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 03:36:51 PM »
Ooo, crafty-I like it !!  ;D ;D

I will give it a go this week. Thanks for sharing.  :D

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
Yes indeed! This a most efficient way in combining application software and OS together to maximise use of equipment. Just remembered my IBM days, all networking systems working together in harmony (well not always...) TSO, CICS, 3270, 5250 etc.

Having a Windows task to reboot the Samsung screens also helps in memory leakage and it is a good practice to do that.

With regards to the Panel Off schedule, yes you are quite right; it is tedious and having to program that all the time is not ideal.

Bill

Offline josesima

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »
Hi Bill thanks for the feedback, it means a lot.

Regarding this solution, we can run the script whenever we want, for example not just weekends, i have configured to run the task in our holidays, and in some Fridays that we only work until 12:00H i have configured to run at 12:15H, this mean that you can shutdown the internal PC as you like.

I'm glad to help.

Regards