Datalink - tabular formatting and image conversion

• 3 Replies

Offline do_u_clynk

Datalink - tabular formatting and image conversion
« on: June 10, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »
Hi there,

Samsung support and documentation leave much to be desired.
I've finally have an LFD able to pull data with use of a MagicInfo Datalink server.
1.  It seem like I can only pull a column or row at a time. Versus table from datalink.  I noticed earlier versions (I've moved from 4 to 6, now 7) had a greyed out table element, which might have been perfect for displaying dynamic tabular data.  In absence of that, the snap to grid and general authoring experience has been horrendous for dealing with data formatting.  How have you all handled this?
2. If I pull data from datalink, i'd like to convert to an image depending on what is pulled.  i.e. If the data is a "U" I'd like to display an exclamation point vs just the letter U?  Does this make sense?  And can it be done?

Thanks.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Datalink - tabular formatting and image conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 03:51:28 PM »
Dear,

Point 1
I know the usability in MagicInfo V7 is better with datalink, but MagicInfo V7 is still not released and we have no clue when it will be.

Point 2
I do not really understand your situation?

Kind regards,
Pepijn.

Offline do_u_clynk

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 05:01:47 PM »
Thanks Pepijn.
Turns out that you cannot bring in data in tabular format.  Seems like something that should exist. Looks like older versions had a table element you could use but since has been deprecated.
As for point two, you can convert datalink items into images supposedly.
Here's an example, if I used datalink to pull data like a number.  I should be able to say that instead of displaying the number, I show an image.
i.e. My column may contain the number 2.  I may need to display a green up arrow instead of the number 2.

Good news is that Samsung technical service is in contact with me so maybe they'll be able to show me how to do this.

Thanks again for responding.

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »
Great to hear that you are in contact with Samsung!

Please keep us up to date with a solution for your issue.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.