Issue with upload to screens

• 2 Replies

Offline TRS

Issue with upload to screens
« on: June 25, 2022, 09:07:05 PM »
Hi there,
I haven't been able to find a post with someone who is having  the same problem so I thought I would try my luck to see if anyone can help.
We have a bunch of digital screens using magic info. They have been all functioning good up until recently. Two of the newer screens are now malfunctioning. I'm encountering a few issues. Both of are not allowing new uploads. They are still following a schedule and playlist that was uploaded a couple months ago. I send a new playlist to the screen but it's not updating. Another issue is that one screen is not showing up in the menu. I've restarting the app, turning the tvs on and off, reconnecting to the wireless and I cant think of what else to do. I'm in no way a tech expert so hopefully someone can help!!

Lucia

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
Re: Issue with upload to screens
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 10:37:30 PM »
Hi there,
I haven't been able to find a post with someone who is having  the same problem so I thought I would try my luck to see if anyone can help.
We have a bunch of digital screens using magic info. They have been all functioning good up until recently. Two of the newer screens are now malfunctioning. I'm encountering a few issues. Both of are not allowing new uploads. They are still following a schedule and playlist that was uploaded a couple months ago. I send a new playlist to the screen but it's not updating. Another issue is that one screen is not showing up in the menu. I've restarting the app, turning the tvs on and off, reconnecting to the wireless and I cant think of what else to do. I'm in no way a tech expert so hopefully someone can help!!

Lucia
The last time this happened to me it was due to firewall permissions. Have a look at your firewall settings.
Nolly

Offline Pepijn

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Issue with upload to screens
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:36:07 PM »
Hi Lucia,

As Nolly is mentioning, did something has changed recently in your network?
Next to that, you can also try the (troubleshoot) steps below:
- Is your screen connected to the (right) network
- Is your time/ date set up correctly on the screen
- Re double-check your server address in the menu of the screen

I am curious if the screens ever came online? When they are offline they cannot retrieve any new schedules from MagicINFO, this issue you need to fix first.

Kind regards,
Pepijn.